ebassist dot com  ebassist dot com...

Go Back   ebassist dot com > stuff... > the ebassist pub

Old 07-23-2010, 05:38 PM   #1
Vanlatte
Taking some time off

Guttermouth! My Joye 510 kit is here

I gotta say at first I was dissapointed; one battery was not working even after charging for hours so I need a replacement. And the carts that come with it are fraking horrible! I thought something was wrong until I realized that its just not a taste I like.

Soooo....I ordered a bunch of small bottles from Vapor Station, gonna try Frost, Texas, Tennasee and New York. Might even hit up your favs that you linked in the other thread.

Any tips on how to store all of this stuff?! I had no idea there would be so many components.

And how long does a cart typically last?
Vanlatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 04:55 PM   #2
GUTTERMOUTH
The yeast better rise...

Quote:
Vanlatte said... View Post
I gotta say at first I was dissapointed; one battery was not working even after charging for hours so I need a replacement. And the carts that come with it are fraking horrible! I thought something was wrong until I realized that its just not a taste I like.

Soooo....I ordered a bunch of small bottles from Vapor Station, gonna try Frost, Texas, Tennasee and New York. Might even hit up your favs that you linked in the other thread.

Any tips on how to store all of this stuff?! I had no idea there would be so many components.

And how long does a cart typically last?
that sucks about the dead battery man - whoever you got it from should replace it with little to no hassles. i should have also mentioned how horrible the juice is that comes preloaded in the carts.
we're using a small toolbox that i had in the basement to store all our juices and atomizers and whatnot.lots of people use small tackleboxes as the little compartments work for holding all the various small parts and juice bottles.
you can actually wash the carts and filler material out and reuse them pretty much indefinitely.a fully filled cartridge will hold 12-14 drops of juice and will last me the better part of a day if i'm using a higher nic juice (24 mg seems to be the sweet spot for the wife and i like them at 12-18 mg).
as to the juice flavors, freedomsmokeusa has been consistently the best for us.we've gotten juices from vaporbomb that were great as well but, we've learned that we like the taste of the flavourart flavorings ( they tend to taste cleaner with no weird aftertaste)and have been buying juices from vendors that use them exclusively (such as freedomsmokes).
if you keep an eye on the vendor and liquid reviews section of ecf you'll see trends in what people like and how they relate to your own tastes and see any customer service issues people may have had with them.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...ews-suppliers/
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...iquid-reviews/
also,fwiw, give your tastebuds a couple of days to readjust. the first couple of days we thought the juices tasted funny but then we realized it was EVERYTHING that tasted funny because our sinuses and throats weren't coated with cigarette smoke for the first times in 20 years
alot of the times if you are buying juices from people that custom mix them, they will need to sit for a week or so before the flavors come together.
don't hesitate to email me either if you need to man -i'm happy to share any limited knowledge i have on the subject if it helps you quit the cigarettes
ianbleague@gmail.com
GUTTERMOUTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 04:41 PM   #3
Vanlatte
Taking some time off

The battery was shipped on Friday, Cignot has been fantastic with support and response. Man you ain't kidding about the pre-loaded flavor. I have been all over the forums and learning stuff, first thing I did was clean all of the carts to get rid of that nasty juice and replace it with the menthol. Its not bad but I think there are better ones out there.

Been fun so far and I have already cut down but not eliminated the butts altogether. Once I get a better feel for how these things work and find the right flavor I think it will be smooth sailing.

Thanks for the tips and info, will probably be bugging you more as time goes on
Old 07-26-2010, 12:54 PM   #4
GUTTERMOUTH
The yeast better rise...

Quote:
The battery was shipped on Friday, Cignot has been fantastic with support and response. Man you ain't kidding about the pre-loaded flavor. I have been all over the forums and learning stuff, first thing I did was clean all of the carts to get rid of that nasty juice and replace it with the menthol. Its not bad but I think there are better ones out there.

Been fun so far and I have already cut down but not eliminated the butts altogether. Once I get a better feel for how these things work and find the right flavor I think it will be smooth sailing.

Thanks for the tips and info, will probably be bugging you more as time goes on
that's great to hear van.once you find some juice you like and get your battery charging routine down everything is much easier and alot less fiddly.right now i'm going between 3 different "tobacco" flavored juices ( all freedomsmokeusa)- their ry4,their house blend ( this is a bit peppery and so far is the only thing i can do first thing in the morning)and their wyatt earp with a drop or two of menthol ultra added in.it's closing in on a couple of weeks now and the taste and smell of regular cigarettes is nauseating to the point that i just started day two without a cigarette (the first time that has happened in almost 22 years).

feel free to bug me anytime man.if these things can get me off cigarettes they can work for anyone and if there's anyway i can help you do the same,i'm glad to do it
Old 07-26-2010, 03:19 PM   #5
bassesofalessergod
Captain Downer

aren't those things dangerous as well?

O propheta, certe penis tuus clum versus erectus est
bassesofalessergod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 03:30 PM   #6
Vanlatte
Taking some time off

Quote:
bassesofalessergod said... View Post
Probably.

Old 07-26-2010, 10:52 PM   #7
GUTTERMOUTH
The yeast better rise...

Quote:
Probably so but, I just don't see how they can be more dangerous than cigarettes.

Last edited by GUTTERMOUTH; 07-27-2010 at 12:10 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:12 AM   #8
lug

Quote:
https://www.esmokeronline.com/faqs

The cartridge is a mixture of liquid-nicotine, tobacco extract flavorings and a combination of Propylene glycol (currently used as a food) and Glycerin. You dump the 4000 weirdass ingredients in a cig, most significantly the tars and carbon monoxide. Nicotine is addictive, but doesn't do really bad things to you like all the carcinogens in a ciggybutt. Far less dangerous overall than cigs.
The path of the sucky man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of bass men. Blessed is he who, in the name Lug and good will, shepherds the on-beat rhythm through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost notes and tunings. And I will strike down upon thy strings with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to play on beat and in tune. And you will know my name is Lug when I lay my MP3's upon you! - CHUNKY-B
lug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:40 AM   #9
Vanlatte
Taking some time off

Quote:
lug said... View Post
https://www.esmokeronline.com/faqs

The cartridge is a mixture of liquid-nicotine, tobacco extract flavorings and a combination of Propylene glycol (currently used as a food) and Glycerin. You dump the 4000 weirdass ingredients in a cig, most significantly the tars and carbon monoxide. Nicotine is addictive, but doesn't do really bad things to you like all the carcinogens in a ciggybutt. Far less dangerous overall than cigs.
I am leaning towards a "lesser of two evils" attitude at this point. And I gotta say, so far the experience has been pretty interesting. In fact after only a few days regular cigs are starting to taste icky.

Something tells me sooner or later Big Tobacco is going to get pissed off and either start buying out these companies or find a way to wreck it.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:13 AM   #10
lug

Quote:
I am leaning towards a "lesser of two evils" attitude at this point. And I gotta say, so far the experience has been pretty interesting. In fact after only a few days regular cigs are starting to taste icky.

Something tells me sooner or later Big Tobacco is going to get pissed off and either start buying out these companies or find a way to wreck it.
Come on. What's with the conspiracy theories? Everyone knows Big Tobacco only wants what's best for you, I read it on their website! duh!
Old 07-27-2010, 11:28 PM   #11
GUTTERMOUTH
The yeast better rise...

Quote:

interestingly enough, i ran across this tonight :
http://evidencebasedonly.blogspot.co...-not-cool.html
hmm...
Old 07-28-2010, 11:44 AM   #12
Vanlatte
Taking some time off

Quote:
GUTTERMOUTH said... View Post
interestingly enough, i ran across this tonight :
http://evidencebasedonly.blogspot.co...-not-cool.html
hmm...
Ha! If that is the best they got so far, I dont think there is anything to worry about

that thing is hideous. And uses real cigs?! WTF
Old 08-05-2010, 12:11 PM   #13
Low Tone
DJ Of All Trades

Vanlatte, you've inspired me.

After signing up at the E-Cig Forum and looking around for a couple of days, I ordered two starter kits yesterday from Mad Vapes.Com. One for me and one for Mrs. Tone. 510 models with mega batteries. I also ordered some juice from Vaporbomb.Com. Green Apple and Mountain Mist flavors. If the Mt Mist gets anywhere close to Mt. Dew flavor wise, I might be able to ditch that addiction too.
Low Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:19 PM   #14
lug

Quote:
Low Tone said... View Post

After signing up at the E-Cig Forum and looking around for a couple of days, I ordered two starter kits yesterday from Mad Vapes.Com. One for me and one for Mrs. Tone. 510 models with mega batteries. I also ordered some juice from Vaporbomb.Com. Green Apple and Mountain Mist flavors. If the Mt Mist gets anywhere close to Mt. Dew flavor wise, I might be able to ditch that addiction too.
Smartest thing you've done since joining the interwebs!

Old 08-05-2010, 12:24 PM   #15
bassplayer7770
bp770770707707000077707

Best of luck to all those trying to kick the habit.
Gear: StingRay 5 HS, Yamaha BB3000MA, Hanewinckel Vintage Draken 5-String, Ibanez ATK305, Aguilar Tone Hammer, ART Pro Channel pre, Crown XLS 1500, LDS 15/6.5 cab, Turbo Tuner ST-200, Xotic Bass BB Pre, Aguilar Filter Twin, Demeter Compulator
bassplayer7770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:38 PM   #16
Low Tone
DJ Of All Trades

Quote:
lug said... View Post
Smartest thing you've done since joining the interwebs!

Quite possibly.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:40 PM   #17
Vanlatte
Taking some time off

Quote:

Whoa, cool. Good luck! My next order will be from Mad Vapes, extra batteries and atomizers and some juice.

I don't miss cigs at all. And smokers smell funny

Although I will say trying to find the right flavor for me is a challenge... I am all over the place.
Old 08-05-2010, 04:00 PM   #18
Low Tone
DJ Of All Trades

Quote:
Whoa, cool. Good luck! My next order will be from Mad Vapes, extra batteries and atomizers and some juice.

I don't miss cigs at all. And smokers smell funny

Although I will say trying to find the right flavor for me is a challenge... I am all over the place.
I'm hoping the two orders come relatively close together or the juice comes first. The juice included with the starter kits is Marlboro flavored 24mg. I think the 24mg might be a bit much since we smoke ultra lights. The two flavors that I ordered from Vaporbomb are 12mg.

You don't really notice how smokers smell until you actually quit. When Mrs. Tone and I were up to 6 months on our last serious attempt, we opened up a couple of suitcases that hadn't been used since before we quit. We had to leave them outside to air out for a couple of days and then Febreeze before we could use 'em. Now, I wouldn't even notice the smell.

I noticed the other day how yellow our ceiling is starting to look as well. I got to thinking to myself how I'd been pumping the same shit into my lungs for the last 23 years.

I'm looking forward to this experience.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:51 PM   #19
Mrs.Tone

Quote:
I'm hoping the two orders come relatively close together or the juice comes first. The juice included with the starter kits is Marlboro flavored 24mg. I think the 24mg might be a bit much since we smoke ultra lights. The two flavors that I ordered from Vaporbomb are 12mg.

You don't really notice how smokers smell until you actually quit. When Mrs. Tone and I were up to 6 months on our last serious attempt, we opened up a couple of suitcases that hadn't been used since before we quit. We had to leave them outside to air out for a couple of days and then Febreeze before we could use 'em. Now, I wouldn't even notice the smell.

I noticed the other day how yellow our ceiling is starting to look as well. I got to thinking to myself how I'd been pumping the same shit into my lungs for the last 23 years.

I'm looking forward to this experience.
I'm looking forward to it too
Mrs.Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:32 AM   #20
GUTTERMOUTH
The yeast better rise...

Quote:

allright!!!!!
you can do it.i started smoking 22 years ago with the express intention of shortening my time on the planet and therefore smoked 3 packs/day of pall malls nonfiltered for a while.
as of today, i'm 13 days without a cigarette, mrs guttermouth is 10 days without a cigarette and we're loving every minute of it. the worst part of quitting so far has been figuring out what flavor we wanted to use for the day
Old 08-06-2010, 04:34 AM   #21
GUTTERMOUTH
The yeast better rise...

maybe we need to get a "favorite juices" thread going
Old 08-06-2010, 05:19 AM   #22
Low Tone
DJ Of All Trades

Quote:
maybe we need to get a "favorite juices" thread going
I think we need to have a juice tasting G2G.
Instead of wine, we have nic juice.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:20 AM   #23
bassesofalessergod
Captain Downer

Quote:
how are you smoking inside if you've got a kid?
bassesofalessergod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:10 AM   #24
burdizzos
Arrogant Bastard

Quote:
Seriously. My parents smoked in the house and in the car when I was a kid, but that was in olden times before we knew how bad for everyone cigarettes were. They also let me ride in the car without a seatbelt on.
burdizzos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:55 AM   #25
Vanlatte
Taking some time off

Quote:
Mrs.Tone said... View Post
I'm looking forward to it too
Welcome to the ranks of stalking your mail man

Seriously, I never looked forward to the mail so much in my life.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:00 AM   #26
lug

Quote:
allright!!!!!
you can do it.i started smoking 22 years ago with the express intention of shortening my time on the planet and therefore smoked 3 packs/day of pall malls nonfiltered for a while.
as of today, i'm 13 days without a cigarette, mrs guttermouth is 10 days without a cigarette and we're loving every minute of it. the worst part of quitting so far has been figuring out what flavor we wanted to use for the day
Two out of the three people close to me who have tried, have quit smoking using electronic cigarettes the first time. The nornmal rate of quiting is about 1 in 10 per try. In my small survey, this is a revolution.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:11 AM   #27
SA Rios
♫♫♪♫

Quote:
Smoking inside in general is disgusting.
SA Rios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:15 AM   #28
Kindness
Full Blown Lobstrosity

Quote:
Fuck yeah!
Quote:
Croissant Seven said... View Post
He has a career which would send any of us into a booze-lubed dope spiral, and he drinks apple juice recreationally. Not even close to fucking normal.
Quote:
BottomHeavyKate said... View Post
Kindness is absolutely not normal in the most awesome ways.
Kindness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:35 PM   #29
Low Tone
DJ Of All Trades

Quote:
Welcome to the ranks of stalking your mail man

Seriously, I never looked forward to the mail so much in my life.

I already stalk our mail lady.

But yeah.... I'm hoping the kits will show today. They are coming from NC, so it's possible either today or tomorrow.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:40 PM   #30
Low Tone
DJ Of All Trades

Quote:
Yeah, I know. We used to always smoke outside or in the garage but somewhere along the line, we got lazy about it.

But at least we're doing something to try and improve the situation. If these things work, we won't have to smoke inside or outside.
Quote:
burdizzos said... View Post
Seriously. My parents smoked in the house and in the car when I was a kid, but that was in olden times before we knew how bad for everyone cigarettes were. They also let me ride in the car without a seatbelt on.
That was what, the 70s/80s? They knew. They just didn't care yet.
I still miss being able to ride in the back of a pickup.

Tags
510, e-cig, e-cigarette, ego, ego-t, electric cigarette, electronic cigarette, juice, quit smoking, smoking, stop smoking, vape, vaping