ebassist dot com  ebassist dot com...

Go Back   ebassist dot com > stuff... > the ebassist pub

Old 08-08-2015, 12:43 PM   #301
Jugghaid
Buildiing green economies

Quote:
Kindness said... View Post
If this is the Presidential thread, why spend any time talking about the GOP?
16 candidates and not really one of them seems electable. at all.....

“Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck.”
-Joss Whedon

"Our Dark Lord has some tasty spunk, yo."
-C7

www.corezero.rocks
Jugghaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 12:48 PM   #302
t3ch
cucklord 9000

Quote:
NotFSI said... View Post
Another example of weakness through being politically correct

He's sounding more and more presidential by the day!
lols theguardian

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...ublican-debate

Quote:
Forget Donald Trump – Megyn Kelly won the Republican debate

The Fox News anchor emerged on Thursday night as the winner of the first debate - except she’s not running for president. Nor is she even a Republican

As Kelly told Variety: “I’m not a political person.”
lolol, ok

t3ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 01:37 PM   #303
bbl
Homo ludens

Trump expresses disdain for "political correctness" while attempting to enforce it on Megyn Kelly.
"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these."

~ George Washington Carver
bbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 04:35 PM   #304
ironfist
lecherous voyeur

Quote:
rowka said... View Post
With Clinton's ethics/integrity clusterfuck how can she possibly be taken seriously?
Problems with ethics and integrity are a prerequisite for public office.
ironfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 05:10 PM   #305
King Kashue
A nice, close shave...

Colbert/Stewart - 2016

"Flying underwater is a helluva thing." - Bro. Mango
"be warned - all women are lying cheating whores" - Weirdocat
"In my opinion it would be a lot better to get some fact into our STUFF" - Helen V. Beden.
King Kashue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 05:14 PM   #306
Kindness
Full Blown Lobstrosity

Quote:
King Kashue said... View Post
Colbert/Stewart - 2016
Side note, Colbert's send off of Stewart was perfection.
Kindness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 05:17 PM   #307
t3ch
cucklord 9000

my favorite part of the entire episode had to be the arby's CEO coming on during the "fuck off stewart" montage
Old 08-08-2015, 06:55 PM   #308
ThudMaker
Still From the Block

Quote:
Jugghaid said... View Post
16 candidates and not really one of them seems electable. at all.....
Kasich/Fiorina is very electable, as is Kasich/Rubio from what I saw. Kasich was much more inclusive than others.

Post of the Day Award - Allan 1/13/2011
Joint Winners of the Zamfir Post of the Day Award!! - 7/9/2010
ThudMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 07:07 PM   #309
ThudMaker
Still From the Block

Quote:
BottomHeavyKate said... View Post
But they don't actually sell it and they did nothing illegal...
It's a fine line between getting "reasonable fees" and selling. Since "reasonable fees" have never been set in law, of course the actions aren't illegal. There's a reason this is playing the way it is. Many people don't like this part of PP's operations.
Old 08-08-2015, 07:13 PM   #310
ThudMaker
Still From the Block

Fiorina pwns Matthews!

Old 08-08-2015, 07:16 PM   #311
ThudMaker
Still From the Block

doppleganger?

Old 08-09-2015, 12:08 PM   #312
Jugghaid

Quote:
ThudMaker said... View Post
Kasich/Fiorina is very electable, as is Kasich/Rubio from what I saw. Kasich was much more inclusive than others.
That may be the most (potentially) competent candidate. But that does not mean electable. Very different things.
Old 08-09-2015, 04:01 PM   #313
NotFSI
I have ham at my place

Location: Lying motionless on the ground clutching an empty bottle labelled 'IRONY'

I...kind of want that t-shirt
Quote:
Vanlatte said... View Post
It's honestly impossible to tell if you are really funny or a big dickhead.
Quote:
Thunderbroom said... View Post
Cite this.
Quote:
b-bottom said... View Post
I have no idea what 99 percent of the gobbledygook that you just posted means
Owner of an adorably viable set of genes

The literal mind is baffled by the ironic one, demanding explanations that only intensify the joke

Therein lies the secret strength of empires - they can afford the folly of constructed memories
NotFSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 08:47 PM   #314
jasper383

jasper383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 02:17 PM   #315
NotFSI
I have ham at my place

Location: Lying motionless on the ground clutching an empty bottle labelled 'IRONY'
From Trump on Down, the Republicans Can’t Be Serious

Quote:
This was, according to many commentators, going to be the election cycle Republicans got to show off their “deep bench.” The race for the nomination would include experienced governors like Jeb Bush and Scott Walker, fresh thinkers like Rand Paul, and attractive new players like Marco Rubio. Instead, however, Donald Trump leads the field by a wide margin. What happened?

The answer, according to many of those who didn’t see it coming, is gullibility: People can’t tell the difference between someone who sounds as if he knows what he’s talking about and someone who is actually serious about the issues. And for sure there’s a lot of gullibility out there. But if you ask me, the pundits have been at least as gullible as the public, and still are.

For while it’s true that Mr. Trump is, fundamentally, an absurd figure, so are his rivals. If you pay attention to what any one of them is actually saying, as opposed to how he says it, you discover incoherence and extremism every bit as bad as anything Mr. Trump has to offer. And that’s not an accident: Talking nonsense is what you have to do to get anywhere in today’s Republican Party.

For example, Mr. Trump’s economic views, a sort of mishmash of standard conservative talking points and protectionism, are definitely confused. But is that any worse than Jeb Bush’s deep voodoo, his claim that he could double the underlying growth rate of the American economy? And Mr. Bush’s credibility isn’t helped by his evidence for that claim: the relatively rapid growth Florida experienced during the immense housing bubble that coincided with his time as governor.

Mr. Trump, famously, is a “birther” — someone who has questioned whether President Obama was born in the United States. But is that any worse than Scott Walker’s declaration that he isn’t sure whether the president is a Christian?

Mr. Trump’s declared intention to deport all illegal immigrants is definitely extreme, and would require deep violations of civil liberties. But are there any defenders of civil liberties in the modern G.O.P.? Notice how eagerly Rand Paul, self-described libertarian, has joined in the witch hunt against Planned Parenthood.

And while Mr. Trump is definitely appealing to know-nothingism, Marco Rubio, climate change denier, has made “I’m not a scientist” his signature line. (Memo to Mr. Rubio: Presidents don’t have to be experts on everything, but they do need to listen to experts, and decide which ones to believe.)

The point is that while media puff pieces have portrayed Mr. Trump’s rivals as serious men — Jeb the moderate, Rand the original thinker, Marco the face of a new generation — their supposed seriousness is all surface. Judge them by positions as opposed to image, and what you have is a lineup of cranks. And as I said, this is no accident.

It has long been obvious that the conventions of political reporting and political commentary make it almost impossible to say the obvious — namely, that one of our two major parties has gone off the deep end. Or as the political analysts Thomas Mann and Norman Ornstein put it in their book “It’s Even Worse Than It Looks,” the G.O.P. has become an “insurgent outlier … unpersuaded by conventional understanding of facts, evidence, and science.” It’s a party that has no room for rational positions on many major issues.

Or to put it another way, modern Republican politicians can’t be serious — not if they want to win primaries and have any future within the party. Crank economics, crank science, crank foreign policy are all necessary parts of a candidate’s resume.

Until now, however, leading Republicans have generally tried to preserve a facade of respectability, helping the news media to maintain the pretense that it was dealing with a normal political party. What distinguishes Mr. Trump is not so much his positions as it is his lack of interest in maintaining appearances. And it turns out that the party’s base, which demands extremist positions, also prefers those positions delivered straight. Why is anyone surprised?

Remember how Mr. Trump was supposed to implode after his attack on John McCain? Mr. McCain epitomizes the strategy of sounding moderate while taking extreme positions, and is much loved by the press corps, which puts him on TV all the time. But Republican voters, it turns out, couldn’t care less about him.

Can Mr. Trump actually win the nomination? I have no idea. But even if he is eventually pushed aside, pay no attention to all the analyses you will read declaring a return to normal politics. That’s not going to happen; normal politics left the G.O.P. a long time ago. At most, we’ll see a return to normal hypocrisy, the kind that cloaks radical policies and contempt for evidence in conventional-sounding rhetoric. And that won’t be an improvement.
NotFSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 03:04 PM   #316
Kindness
Full Blown Lobstrosity

That is 100% on target NotSVI. The difference with the Democrats is they haven't yet gotten to the point of giving up the charade.
Old 08-10-2015, 04:07 PM   #317
J the D
Bozo

Trump is leading the polls because he is so far outside of mainstream politics. Many people feel both parties have betrayed the American people and mainstream politicians continue to do and say whatever is necessary to make it through the next election cycle.

What we need are federal term limits for congress and an amendment to void Citizens United. A retirement age for the Supremes would also be a good thing.
Old 08-10-2015, 04:09 PM   #318
J the D
Bozo

The other thing to note is that there were a lot of us Republicans that voted for Obama rather than Romney in 2012. Some of the GOP candidates will draw those voters making it harder for the Dems to prevail in the electoral college.
J the D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 04:17 PM   #319
SmallEQ

Quote:
J the D said... View Post
Trump is leading the polls because he is so far outside of mainstream politics. Many people feel both parties have betrayed the American people and mainstream politicians continue to do and say whatever is necessary to make it through the next election cycle.

What we need are federal term limits for congress and an amendment to void Citizens United. A retirement age for the Supremes would also be a good thing.
Eliminating congressional district gerrymandering would be another great step.
SmallEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 04:43 PM   #320
bbl
Homo ludens

Quote:
ironfist said... View Post
The whole "republican war on women" myth is exactly that.
So says a Republican male.
bbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 04:52 PM   #321
King Kashue
A nice, close shave...

Quote:
Metta Whirled Peas said... View Post
So says a Republican male.
If Republican men were conducting a war upon women, wouldn't a Republican man know? Who better to speak on the matter then!
King Kashue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 04:54 PM   #322
t3ch
cucklord 9000

cecily strong already covered this.

http://www.wsj.com/video/cecily-stro...589A0B27A.html
Old 08-10-2015, 04:59 PM   #323
Jugghaid

Quote:
Kindness said... View Post
That is 100% on target NotSVI. The difference with the Democrats is they haven't yet gotten to the point of giving up the charade.
so true.

We have so many choices, and they are all bad.......;(
Old 08-10-2015, 05:48 PM   #324
t3ch
cucklord 9000

I love watching wolf blitzer's completely unamused reactions in all the correspondence dinners
Old 08-11-2015, 06:31 AM   #325
bnyswonger
ribbed for her pleasure

I'd vote for Obama again over any of this pack.

Michelle?
Old 08-11-2015, 07:48 AM   #326
J the D
Bozo

Quote:
SmallEQ said... View Post
Eliminating congressional district gerrymandering would be another great step.
Don't you know it!

The Florida legislature is currently in special session to remap the US congressional districts as a result of them losing a lawsuit before the Florida Supreme Court alleging the legislature violated a citizen-initiated amendment to the Florida constitution requiring rational districts. The districts in use prior to the 2012 re-districting were established by the federal court in 2004.

When they get done the Florida Supremes have to sign off and approve the new Congressional map. Initial draft has everyone up in arms so it is probably pretty good.

The legislature comes back for another special session in October to re-draw the Florida Senate districts. There was a parallel lawsuit that the legislature settled as a result of the Congressional suit acknowledging that they did not comply with the new amendment in drawing up these districts, either.

If Floridians had not gained enough signatures to put parameters for districts in the constitution they'd still be drawing things to keep themselves in office. The people can take charge.
J the D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 07:53 AM   #327
lug

Quote:
bnyswonger said... View Post
I'd vote for Obama again over any of this pack.

Michelle?
Would be reasonable EXCEPT she'd make everybody eat Kale. I won't sit for that!
The path of the sucky man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of bass men. Blessed is he who, in the name Lug and good will, shepherds the on-beat rhythm through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost notes and tunings. And I will strike down upon thy strings with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to play on beat and in tune. And you will know my name is Lug when I lay my MP3's upon you! - CHUNKY-B
lug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 08:04 AM   #328
bnyswonger
ribbed for her pleasure

Quote:
lug said... View Post
Would be reasonable EXCEPT she'd make everybody eat Kale. I won't sit for that!

What's kale?
bnyswonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 08:12 AM   #329
lug

Quote:
bnyswonger said... View Post
What's kale?
Lettuce that has been eaten by the devil and shat out for consumption by unlucky/ill-informed humans.
lug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 08:21 AM   #330
Kindness
Full Blown Lobstrosity

Kale is so good.