ebassist dot com  ebassist dot com...

Go Back   ebassist dot com > stuff... > the ebassist pub

Old 12-02-2015, 03:51 PM   #3001
King Kashue
A nice, close shave...

Quote:
ThudMaker said... View Post
I didn't say you claimed it. I asked for the tweets from these groups.
You asked for me to connect the tweets to Huckabee or Fiorina (explicitly, I quoted you and everything) - except I never claimed they were connected. If you didn't think I was claiming the connection existed, why'd you ask me to find you the evidence? Just feeling lazy?

"Flying underwater is a helluva thing." - Bro. Mango
"be warned - all women are lying cheating whores" - Weirdocat
"In my opinion it would be a lot better to get some fact into our STUFF" - Helen V. Beden.
King Kashue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 06:21 PM   #3002
Jugghaid
Buildiing green economies

Quote:
bnyswonger said... View Post
But really.... if it comes down to him or Hillary you're pushing the Trump lever, right?

Or do you wash your hair that day?
I don't think there's anything short of a gun to my head (or someone I care about) that could make me pull the lever for either of those two.

I would vote for a third party candidate that will certainly lose first.

“Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck.”
-Joss Whedon

"Our Dark Lord has some tasty spunk, yo."
-C7

www.corezero.rocks
Jugghaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 06:42 PM   #3003
ThudMaker
Still From the Block

Quote:
bnyswonger said... View Post
But really.... if it comes down to him or Hillary you're pushing the Trump lever, right?

Or do you wash your hair that day?
Why don't you just tell me how I'm voting, Bob. It's clear you think you know me when you dont. I've been clear in this thread what my thoughts are on Trump. I'm not giving him another minute of my time as he won't be the nominee for the Republicans. Further, there is a reason he is one of the few candidates who doesn't match up well against Hillary. I can vote a write in candidate anyway as a Republican vote for a statewide election doesn't matter.

Post of the Day Award - Allan 1/13/2011
Joint Winners of the Zamfir Post of the Day Award!! - 7/9/2010
ThudMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 12:12 AM   #3004
bbl
Homo ludens

Quote:
I'm not giving him another minute of my time as he won't be the nominee for the Republicans.
You have a lot more faith in the Republican Party than I do.
"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these."

~ George Washington Carver
bbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 12:30 AM   #3005
King Kashue
A nice, close shave...

Quote:
Metta Whirled Peas said... View Post
If the Party structure doesn't want him as nominee, they don't have to let him. It's not as if primaries are legally binding elections, they're party run entities. If the GOP wants to exclude Trump tomorrow, they can, end of story. He can run as an independent, but if the GOP brass doesn't want him as the nominee, no amount of support will allow him to overcome that.

I think Thud's right in that Trump won't survive the campaign process, and even if he's wrong about that, he's right in saying the party won't let him be the nominee unless they think he can win (and so much would have to change for them to think that, it's as just as possible that someone on the forum will win the Republican nom).
Old 12-03-2015, 12:32 AM   #3006
bbl
Homo ludens

bbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 12:37 AM   #3007
King Kashue
A nice, close shave...

Quote:
Metta Whirled Peas said... View Post
The people who don't want Trump are the corporate backers of the GOP. Trump is an anti-immigration, pro-social security, right wing populist. He's everything the corporate-backed, establishment candidates oppose. I have faith that the Republican party will do what its corporate masters desire (just like the Democratic party will as well - we've already mentioned how Wall Street actually feels about the "reformer", Hilary "getting tough" Clinton).

If one's argument is that a major political party in the United States will do something other than "follow corporate interests", one is making a bad argument.
Old 12-03-2015, 12:38 AM   #3008
Jugghaid

Quote:
King Kashue said... View Post
The people who don't want Trump are the corporate backers of the GOP. Trump is an anti-immigration, pro-social security, right wing populist. He's everything the corporate-backed, establishment candidates oppose. I have faith that the Republican party will do what its corporate masters desire (just like the Democratic party will as well - we've already mentioned how Wall Street actually feels about the "reformer", Hilary "getting tough" Clinton).

If one's argument is that a major political party in the United States will do something other than "follow corporate interests", one is making a bad argument.
Tis true.....
Old 12-03-2015, 02:06 AM   #3009
Jugghaid

Quote:
cdb said... View Post
link?

The tape Fiorina claimed she saw doesn't exist.

Neither does the tape Dump claims he saw with muslims in jersey city.
Hmmmmmm Maybe Trump wasn't full o shite about that one.......?

http://www.wnd.com/wnd_video/jersey-...XTQokxmJiX0.99
Old 12-03-2015, 06:47 AM   #3010
cdb

Send a message via AIM to cdb
Quote:
Jugghaid said... View Post
Hmmmmmm Maybe Trump wasn't full o shite about that one.......?

http://www.wnd.com/wnd_video/jersey-...XTQokxmJiX0.99
A report of 8 men cheering on the roof of a building, and still, no actual footage of these guys.
Old 12-03-2015, 06:59 AM   #3011
burdizzos
Arrogant Bastard

8 = "Thousands and thousands"

I have over a million dollars in my checking account.
burdizzos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 07:50 AM   #3012
lug

eh, all politicians have problems with numbers.
The path of the sucky man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of bass men. Blessed is he who, in the name Lug and good will, shepherds the on-beat rhythm through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost notes and tunings. And I will strike down upon thy strings with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to play on beat and in tune. And you will know my name is Lug when I lay my MP3's upon you! - CHUNKY-B
lug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 09:01 AM   #3013
ThudMaker
Still From the Block

Quote:
lug said... View Post
eh, all politicians have problems with numbers.
And yet Trump isn't even a politician. More like a used car salesman.
Old 12-03-2015, 09:13 AM   #3014
ThudMaker
Still From the Block

The weirdest thing about this election cycle...well there are a lot of weird things...is why have no governors gained traction? There are no politicians left in the race (with a legit chance of getting the nomination) who have executive desk experience.
Old 12-03-2015, 09:17 AM   #3015
burdizzos
Arrogant Bastard

You honestly think Jeb has no shot?
Old 12-03-2015, 09:24 AM   #3016
lug

Quote:
burdizzos said... View Post
Currently, he's coming off as the 2nd coming of Rick Perry.
Old 12-03-2015, 09:48 AM   #3017
burdizzos
Arrogant Bastard

Except that he's in second place in campaign money from the finance industry. (Clinton is first)
Old 12-03-2015, 10:01 AM   #3018
cdb

Send a message via AIM to cdb
Quote:
Except that he's in second place in campaign money from the finance industry. (Clinton is first)
He will likely be the nominee and/or Rubio
cdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 10:10 AM   #3019
burdizzos
Arrogant Bastard

Quote:
cdb said... View Post
He will likely be the nominee and/or Rubio
And regardless of the outcome, we will get four more years of Bush/Obama.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:49 AM   #3020
Jugghaid

Quote:
And regardless of the outcome, we will get four more years of Bush/Obama.
I don't think that was ever in doubt.
Old 12-03-2015, 11:07 AM   #3021
ThudMaker
Still From the Block

Quote:
You asked for me to connect the tweets to Huckabee or Fiorina (explicitly, I quoted you and everything) - except I never claimed they were connected. If you didn't think I was claiming the connection existed, why'd you ask me to find you the evidence? Just feeling lazy?
OK. You said he was full of shit. So essentially he's a liar when he says there isn't anyone in the pro-life movement who would condone this type of action. I agree with what you've said that you haven't claimed the connection, however, is it possible that "normal" people don't really think of radical fringe "groups"? Also, the tweets cdb put up are from individuals, not groups. I would hope those dimwits got shamed on twitter.
Old 12-03-2015, 11:08 AM   #3022
ThudMaker
Still From the Block

Quote:
Why would anyone with the last name of Bush have a shot? Weren't two of them enough?
Old 12-03-2015, 11:39 AM   #3023
ThudMaker
Still From the Block

Solid read. Lug, you will especially like this one. It's about the media.

Quote:
The “Post Truth” News Media
In the meantime, politicians who are better liked by the news media get a relative pass on statements that could arguably merit the same brand of scrutiny and analysis as Trump’s.

For example, President Obama claims mass shootings only happen in the U.S.–as he stands in Paris where there was a mass shooting about two weeks earlier. He claims to have met his green energy goals even “quicker” than expected –never mind the instances where the goals weren’t met. He calls the U.S. “the largest country” (Canada and Russia are bigger; China and India have more people). And all of that was just at his December 1 press conference at the Paris climate change summit.

The intent is not to pick on President Obama. To be sure, there is context for the questionable comments. But the point is: reporters do not chew on them for days upon end. They don’t constantly pick arguments with Mr. Obama or demand he apologize. In fact, for the most part, reporters seem simply not to notice.
https://sharylattkisson.com/the-post-truth-news-media

Last edited by ThudMaker; 12-03-2015 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Forgot to add link for entire article
Old 12-03-2015, 12:41 PM   #3024
King Kashue
A nice, close shave...

Quote:
is it possible that "normal" people don't really think of radical fringe "groups"?
And that would be the "No True Scotsman" fallacy I mentioned twice.
Quote:
Also, the tweets cdb put up are from individuals, not groups.
Except Huckabee's claim wasn't about groups, you focused on that part of my statement (where I said that, in the past, the leaders of more extreme groups have explicitly advocated violence), but it wasn't part of his. Huckabee said no one in the Pro-Life Movement would support such actions - my response was:
Quote:
There were people on twitter and facebook calling him a hero. Leaders of extreme organizations within the movement have repeatedly said violent action (including murder) is justifiable.
Cdb's quoted tweets absolutely substantiate my statements (and refutes Huckabee's).
Old 12-03-2015, 12:55 PM   #3025
Zamfir
Hiding in my amygdala

Quote:
Then we haven't had voter accountability in decades

Most of the information "out there" is buried or promoted in a very biased manner.Such as criticizing a GOP candidate for an offhand comment on the front page while burying the fact that we killed 45 more civilians with drone strikes in a tiny byline on page 42. Responsible journalism , as an industry, died with Morrow and Cronkite.
The notion that there has been zero responsible journalism, including in political reporting, since March 6, 1981, or that only two guys did it in their era, just isn't compelling.

We know a lot about every single set of candidates since then, and it wasn't Cronkite reporting.

Quote:
And this is nothing more than a different method to get the same result as the opposition. The DEM party has done the same thing, with the same objective, by colluding with the mainstream media. And the GOP also uses Fox.

And while you and I are debating this meaningless shit, 45 more more people probably just got killed by yet another drone strike and our national debt increased by literally tens of millions of dollars.
Even accepting the questionable premise, Dem "collusion" with MSM somehow manages to generate a lot of MSM TV and print stories highly critical of the last three Dem presidents, let alone members of Congress.

Every political party has always provided a spokespersons' point of view to the media. Rarely if ever does a party get the last word without another point of view included. Btw, the father of modern approaches to spin strategy in presidential administrations is David Gergen, former advisor to Reagan, and guess who his interlocutors were? (Hint: Fox News wasn't around then...)

And yet...we still learned stuff. You didn't see Ronnie, George H.W., or Bob Dole demonizing the media, or disavowing the obligation of presidential candidates to provide explanations to voters. Evasion and spin had ethical limits.

Well that explains a lot: While the rest of the world is playing an "e" note, you're playing a schwa. -DevilRaysFan to lug

“There are thoughtless dilettanti or purblind worldlings who sometimes ask us: 'What is it that Britain and France are fighting for?' To this I answer: 'If we left off fighting, you would soon find out.'" -Winston Churchill
Zamfir is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 01:03 PM   #3026
Zamfir
Hiding in my amygdala

Quote:
So, if Bernie Sanders says that the Koch brothers are stealing elections and wall street execs are stealing money from the public.....would you lay a murder at his feet if someone killed the Koch brothers or shot up a Wall Street investment firm?
I'm puzzled why you would think such a (widely believed) charge against Wall Street is remotely comparable to abortion, anti-abortion fanaticism, and the language of (false) charges of harvesting baby parts?

Half the population following Sanders is too high on pot and peacing out to know how to operate a gun, or want to.
Old 12-03-2015, 01:08 PM   #3027
lug

Quote:
Zamfir said... View Post
I'm puzzled why you would think such a (widely believed) charge against Wall Street is remotely comparable to abortion, anti-abortion fanaticism, and the language of (false) charges of harvesting baby parts?

Half the population following Sanders is too high on pot and peacing out to know how to operate a gun, or want to.
It's ok to disagree with Juggs, but don't you DARE go after his clients!
Old 12-03-2015, 01:09 PM   #3028
Zamfir
Hiding in my amygdala

Quote:
lug said... View Post
It's ok to disagree with Juggs, but don't you DARE go after his clients!
I was about to say he knows his target market better than I do!
Old 12-03-2015, 01:14 PM   #3029
lug

Quote:
Zamfir said... View Post
Btw, the father of modern approaches to spin strategy in presidential administrations is David Gergen, former advisor to Reagan, and guess who his interlocutors were? (Hint: Fox News wasn't around then...)
You forgot he also worked for Clinton and Warren Christopher!
Old 12-03-2015, 01:17 PM   #3030
ThudMaker
Still From the Block

Quote:
And that would be the "No True Scotsman" fallacy I mentioned twice.
Got it!

Quote:
Except Huckabee's claim wasn't about groups, you focused on that part of my statement (where I said that, in the past, the leaders of more extreme groups have explicitly advocated violence), but it wasn't part of his. Huckabee said no one in the Pro-Life Movement would support such actions - my response was:
I know specifically what Huckabee's statement was. You quoted your own statement which is -
Quote:
Leaders of extreme organizations within the movement have repeatedly said violent action (including murder) is justifiable.
I'd like to know what organizations those are and if they tweeted stuff.