ebassist dot com  ebassist dot com...

Go Back   ebassist dot com > stuff... > the ebassist pub

Old 03-24-2011, 10:15 AM   #301
BottomHeavyKate
I'm with genius ^^^^

Send a message via AIM to BottomHeavyKate Send a message via Yahoo to BottomHeavyKate
I burned my breakfast popcorn

Innocent post from Kate.
Cocks come cock it all up.
Kate starts cursing.
Kate realizes that cocks are cocking her out of love.
Kate rides the wave.
Group hug.
t3ch says something racist.
www.cmkfinancialservices.com

BottomHeavyKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:39 AM   #302
ivanthetrble
RIP Ivan 6-15-12

Sprint triathlon is next weekend. Looked over the info and the swim in only 500 yards! Should take about 10 minutes to do that. The bike is 12 miles, perhaps 30 minutes tops. The run is 5k, should take about 45 minutes to farggin' walk that.
ivanthetrble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:46 AM   #303
BottomHeavyKate
I'm with genius ^^^^

Send a message via AIM to BottomHeavyKate Send a message via Yahoo to BottomHeavyKate
Quote:
ivanthetrble said... View Post
Sprint triathlon is next weekend. Looked over the info and the swim in only 500 yards! Should take about 10 minutes to do that. The bike is 12 miles, perhaps 30 minutes tops. The run is 5k, should take about 45 minutes to farggin' walk that.
Nice! I need to find some super sprints to do....
Old 03-24-2011, 11:17 AM   #304
ivanthetrble
RIP Ivan 6-15-12

Quote:
BottomHeavyKate said... View Post
Nice! I need to find some super sprints to do....
Hope to do an Olympic length later this summer but it depends on how well my knee rehab does. Olympic length run is a 10k. There are some local events that are offering an "Aquaman", just the swimming and biking, no running.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:26 PM   #305
BottomHeavyKate
I'm with genius ^^^^

Down 1.8 more pounds for a total of 16.6

Didn't work out as much this week as I really needed to give my body a break.

Still gotta find my rhythm for this whole thing.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:03 PM   #306
Sugarskull
SeŮora Member

Quote:

Whooo. That's a lot of weight. Good job. It ought to slow down a bit now though. Anything more than 2 pounds a week is not safe. - according to Mike's trainer at any rate.
Sugarskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:05 PM   #307
BottomHeavyKate
I'm with genius ^^^^

Quote:
Sugarskull said... View Post
Whooo. That's a lot of weight. Good job. It ought to slow down a bit now though. Anything more than 2 pounds a week is not safe. - according to Mike's trainer at any rate.
That's what they are telling me too. The problem is - If I exercise, I lose more than two pounds so I need to make sure I'm eating more if I choose to get in better shape. Makes sense but it will take some time to find my balance.

I'm a long ways off from goal though...
Old 03-24-2011, 01:57 PM   #308
slapthefunkyfour
Something Creative Here

Send a message via Skype™ to slapthefunkyfour
My wife has lost 60 pounds in the past 10 months. 15 pounds in the past 2 months. From a size 18 to a size 12, I think.

I like it.

A lot.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:58 PM   #309
BottomHeavyKate
I'm with genius ^^^^

Quote:
slapthefunkyfour said... View Post
My wife has lost 60 pounds in the past 10 months. 15 pounds in the past 2 months. From a size 18 to a size 12, I think.

I like it.

A lot.
Awesome!!!! Good for her....and for you
Old 03-24-2011, 02:14 PM   #310
+homas

Quote:
Renfield said... View Post
FAR too much information about your sex life dude.

I almost spat water out my nose.
+homas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 02:49 PM   #311
VikingWarlord
Professional irritant

Quote:

Depending what you're doing, that's a good thing. Strength athletes will program a deload week into their training every 8-12 weeks. Taking a break and either going super light or doing nothing at all is going to aid in recovery time at the top of a cycle peak.

Quote:
Sugarskull said... View Post
Meh. That depends on a lot of factors, including diet protocol, training regimen, and body composition. Those sorts of hard set rules are bullshit. One size does NOT fit all when it comes to nutrition and exercise. Anyone that claims otherwise is not worth listening to.
VikingWarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 06:34 PM   #312
Sugarskull
SeŮora Member

Quote:
That's what they are telling me too. The problem is - If I exercise, I lose more than two pounds so I need to make sure I'm eating more if I choose to get in better shape. Makes sense but it will take some time to find my balance.

I'm a long ways off from goal though...
Well, if you're exercising and feeling good (not starving or feeling run down etc.) and getting plenty of water and rest, then you're probably fine.
I've heard that extreme weight loss can be damaging to the heart, so I dunno. I'd take my doctor's advice over anyone on the internet for sure, but you know what's right for you. Maybe get a physical and see what he/she thinks.

Weight watchers or a personal trainer might caution to take it easy and slow so they don't get sued if there are complications later on. Ya never know.
Sugarskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 06:38 PM   #313
mrs bleepo
feral housewife

weighed myself obsessively again at the gym. seems i lost 2 lbs since sunday i'm at 148 baby! so i am pretty excited...

just a weird question though... does anyone ever get what i call "gym guilt"? where you feel you didn't go for long enough, or work hard enough? or if you wake up early, but still sit around for a bit before going you feel guilty? i need to break this brain habit early, or i may end up getting obsessive again, and that isn't healthy...
mrs bleepo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:57 PM   #314
persona non grata

Week 5: mf'n COMPLETE

Like a Boss.

persona non grata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:05 PM   #315
VikingWarlord
Professional irritant

I've been giving more thought to changing my swing intervals and so I did a bunch of math to keep myself occupied between bullshit conference calls today.

I'm going to switch to 40:20 tomorrow but back off the total time to 12m just to see how I handle it. At 14m with 30s work intervals, I'm doing 420s of work. At 12m with 40s intervals, I'm doing 480s of work, basically gaining a full minute of workload in less overall time.

Since I've been hitting about 18 reps per 30s interval, I'll call that 36rpm. The extra minute would give me an extra 36 reps, assuming that pace can be kept consistently. Of course, the nature of swings makes that part less important. The difference between a leisurely pace and balls out, full-bore work is only going to be a couple of rpm.

Now this all looks easy enough on paper (or screen, whatever) but that extra 10s per interval is going to suck really fast. At least I know that up front. I fully expect to puke.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:55 AM   #316
VikingWarlord
Professional irritant

So I made the interval switch. That was brutality defined. I only made it 7 minutes before my form broke down so badly I had to make myself stop or risk injury.

Holy. Fuck.
Old 03-26-2011, 12:53 PM   #317
BottomHeavyKate
I'm with genius ^^^^

My back is bad but because I know it's not fixable - I went to the gym anyway. I ran and did weights today. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be up early enough to do the spin class. Really hoping to do the Chicago Triathlon in August.

Quote:
mrs bleepo said... View Post
weighed myself obsessively again at the gym. seems i lost 2 lbs since sunday i'm at 148 baby! so i am pretty excited...

just a weird question though... does anyone ever get what i call "gym guilt"? where you feel you didn't go for long enough, or work hard enough? or if you wake up early, but still sit around for a bit before going you feel guilty? i need to break this brain habit early, or i may end up getting obsessive again, and that isn't healthy...
I get that, especially since I've noticed over the last 5.5 weeks that when I hit the gym hard -I lose weight. Listen to your body - stay healthy and don't feel guilty when you let yourself rest.

Quote:
VikingWarlord said... View Post
So I made the interval switch. That was brutality defined. I only made it 7 minutes before my form broke down so badly I had to make myself stop or risk injury.

Holy. Fuck.
I have no idea what that means but it sounds harsh!!!
Old 03-26-2011, 02:11 PM   #318
VikingWarlord
Professional irritant

Quote:
I have no idea what that means but it sounds harsh!!!
Basically, I used to do kettlebell swings using 30s work intervals followed by 30s rest intervals. I'd repeat that for an allotted amount of time, lately I'd been using 14 minutes.

I decided that I should try switching it (the post above the last one detailing the math involved) to 40s work/20s rest. I made it 7 minutes, I was aiming for 12.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:38 PM   #319
BottomHeavyKate
I'm with genius ^^^^

I lost .8 pounds this week for a total of 17.4 pounds.

I had several outtings where there weren't many good food options and I did partake in the vino quite a bit this week.

My back is killing me from hauling a 25 pounds backpack to and from a new client all week (I weighed my back pack at weight watchers too )
Old 03-31-2011, 01:50 PM   #320
ivanthetrble
RIP Ivan 6-15-12

First triathalon of the year is in two days. Not worried about the first two legs but still don't have clearance to run from my knee surgeon. Looks like I will be walking the 5K. I do have an appointment tomorrow for follow-up and they want me to bring my Newton running shoes and Brooks crosstrainers. They are going to put me on the treadmill and see what things look like. If I am lucky I may be able to do a little trotting along with the walking. I am looking for one of those orange triangle "slow moving vehicle" signs to hang on my back during the running leg.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:55 PM   #321
+homas

April 16th will be my 1st 5K of the season ...and my 3rd overall. I'm pushing myself but prepared to have my ass handed to me.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:56 PM   #322
mlwarriner
Cyclo-Masochist

Iíve quit running for the past few days as my shoes (6 year old beat-to-shit leftovers from my tour in Baghdad) were killing me. new ones set to arrive tomorrow, and Iíll restart the couch to 5k with week 2 (Iíve already done week one twice over).

Iím working on consciously making better food choices, etc.

And will start the 100 pushups/200 situps (with a substituted ab exercise) next week.
mlwarriner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:24 PM   #323
+homas

Quote:
mlwarriner said... View Post

And will start the 100 pushups/200 situps (with a substituted ab exercise) next week.
I substituted crunches when I did the 200 situps program.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:15 PM   #324
mlwarriner
Cyclo-Masochist

Quote:
T. Alan Smith said... View Post
I substituted crunches when I did the 200 situps program.
i'm thinking either flutter kicks or the supine bicycle myself
Old 03-31-2011, 03:57 PM   #325
+homas

Quote:
mlwarriner said... View Post
i'm thinking either flutter kicks or the supine bicycle myself
Either would certainly work. I'm thinking you could apply the 100 ___ workout routine to just about any bodyweight exercise.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:01 PM   #326
BottomHeavyKate
I'm with genius ^^^^

Quote:
ivanthetrble said... View Post
First triathalon of the year is in two days. Not worried about the first two legs but still don't have clearance to run from my knee surgeon. Looks like I will be walking the 5K. I do have an appointment tomorrow for follow-up and they want me to bring my Newton running shoes and Brooks crosstrainers. They are going to put me on the treadmill and see what things look like. If I am lucky I may be able to do a little trotting along with the walking. I am looking for one of those orange triangle "slow moving vehicle" signs to hang on my back during the running leg.
Good luck, be careful!

Quote:
April 16th will be my 1st 5K of the season ...and my 3rd overall. I'm pushing myself but prepared to have my ass handed to me.

Win!
Old 03-31-2011, 04:15 PM   #327
mlwarriner
Cyclo-Masochist

Quote:
Either would certainly work. I'm thinking you could apply the 100 ___ workout routine to just about any bodyweight exercise.
part of it, for me, is a return to what i know works. while i was in basic training, lost about 40 or so pounds, in 9 weeks. i know that PT was only part of that, but. i know that running, doing pushups and some sort of abdominal exercise works for me.

plus, they're all free (minus the shoes i had to replace).
Old 03-31-2011, 06:19 PM   #328
Orph

I've got a way of pushing myself way beyond what my ligaments can take, and now my elbow's throbbing as a result. This fucking sucks.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:22 PM   #329
brake
doin the cosmic slop

Send a message via MSN to brake
Quote:
Orph said... View Post
I've got a way of pushing myself way beyond what my ligaments can take, and now my elbow's throbbing as a result. This fucking sucks.
PCP is bad mmmkay?
Old 04-01-2011, 07:28 AM   #330
mrs bleepo
feral housewife

tomorrow is the big day with the fitness competition and derby reffing. i'm freaked out, but mostly about the drive between the two and trying to make it in time i'm so flippin tired that i no longer much care about anything else. starting sunday, i am taking off working out of any kind until wednesday. i think. i may not even be able to move
mrs bleepo is offline   Reply With Quote