-BottomHeavyKate
Do everything Samson says.
-Also BottomHeavyKate
Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:29 PM   #303
Vanlatte

Quote:
ec437 said... View Post
I've never once met a girl in a bar whom I didn't have some previous connection with that I was even remotely interested in seeing again.
Ok, so instead of asking if people really go to bars with the sole purpose of meeting others what you meant was that you personally do not.

Clear now.

We live in an age where mass communication has counter intuitively turned all attempts at verbal debate into a basketball game where the teams are on different courts and stand around the basket racking up meaningless points and throwing shit over the dividing wall.

- Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Vanlatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:43 PM   #304
ec437
Senior Virtue Signaler

Quote:
Vanlatte said... View Post
Ok, so instead of asking if people really go to bars with the sole purpose of meeting others what you meant was that you personally do not.

Clear now.
I suppose a better way to look at it would be that I know people *do*, but I don't understand *why*. Like smoking weed, or drinking vodka martinis.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:45 PM   #305
t3ch
cucklord 9000

I hope a ridiculously hot, single, rich woman chats you up at the bar for hours and sends all the right signals, but when you go to ask for her number she says, "sorry I don't date the kind of people that go to bars".

t3ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:45 PM   #306
slapthefunkyfour
Something Creative Here

Send a message via Skype™ to slapthefunkyfour
Quote:
Zamfir said... View Post
That last sentence can be read with an interpretation I don't think you meant.

But we support you if it's true!

I should have said "I'm not even really interested in this girl."
Old 01-09-2013, 02:01 PM   #307
ec437
Senior Virtue Signaler

Quote:
t3ch said... View Post
I hope a ridiculously hot, single, rich woman chats you up at the bar for hours and sends all the right signals, but when you go to ask for her number she says, "sorry I don't date the kind of people that go to bars".
If you'll recall from previous posts, I will have already friend zoned her.
ec437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:21 PM   #308
Zamfir
Hiding in my amygdala

Quote:
ec437 said... View Post
If you'll recall from previous posts, I will have already friend zoned her.
I'm confused. Which one of you is bringing the soup?

Well that explains a lot: While the rest of the world is playing an "e" note, you're playing a schwa. -DevilRaysFan to lug

“There are thoughtless dilettanti or purblind worldlings who sometimes ask us: 'What is it that Britain and France are fighting for?' To this I answer: 'If we left off fighting, you would soon find out.'" -Winston Churchill
Zamfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:26 PM   #309
ec437
Senior Virtue Signaler

Quote:
Zamfir said... View Post
I'm confused. Which one of you is bringing the soup?
In that case it would be her.

Also, let me clarify: there is a difference between going to a bar and having a chance meeting with a girl/guy and going to a bar for the explicit purpose of meeting a girl/guy. It could be argued that I have done the former, but never the latter.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:29 PM   #310
Zamfir
Hiding in my amygdala

Quote:
Vanlatte said... View Post
Consider yourself lucky that she told you first. Sometimes you get your nuts stepped on without any warning.
Sigged!
Old 01-09-2013, 02:39 PM   #311
t3ch
cucklord 9000

Quote:
ec437 said... View Post
In that case it would be her.

Also, let me clarify: there is a difference between going to a bar and having a chance meeting with a girl/guy and going to a bar for the explicit purpose of meeting a girl/guy. It could be argued that I have done the former, but never the latter.
My point was that you basically said you've never met anyone worth dating at a bar and didn't seem too convinced of that changing. And I think that's a pretty stupid viewpoint to hold.

As far as I'm aware, unless you're secretly married, you have a 0% success rate with finding a partner regardless of where it was from.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:41 PM   #312
Vanlatte

Quote:
Zamfir said... View Post
Sigged!
Dang, I am on a roll!
Old 01-09-2013, 02:43 PM   #313
Zamfir
Hiding in my amygdala

Womanly advice needed:

One of the big questions on my date's mind was why a 42 yr old guy isn't married. She figured there was a big chance I was either gay or too nerdy/inexperienced/emotionally screwed up. Basically, "why hasn't he been picked up by now?" She was actually relieved to find out I'm divorced.

Should I mention the divorce thing in the online ad? Does that trigger a strong assumption in your mind that divorce = emotional baggage? Is your reaction strong enough that you'd advise not mentioning the word?
Old 01-09-2013, 02:47 PM   #314
lug

Quote:
Zamfir said... View Post
Womanly advice needed:

One of the big questions on my date's mind was why a 42 yr old guy isn't married. She figured there was a big chance I was either gay or too nerdy/inexperienced/emotionally screwed up. Basically, "why hasn't he been picked up by now?" She was actually relieved to find out I'm divorced.

Should I mention the divorce thing in the online ad? Does that trigger a strong assumption in your mind that divorce = emotional baggage? Is your reaction strong enough that you'd advise not mentioning the word?
If it's any comfort to you, I think you are plenty nerdy/inexperienced/emotionally screwed up irregardless of any divorce!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irregardless
The path of the sucky man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of bass men. Blessed is he who, in the name Lug and good will, shepherds the on-beat rhythm through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost notes and tunings. And I will strike down upon thy strings with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to play on beat and in tune. And you will know my name is Lug when I lay my MP3's upon you! - CHUNKY-B
lug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:48 PM   #315
t3ch
cucklord 9000

Quote:
Zamfir said... View Post
Womanly advice needed:

No, I think that's also a pretty moronic viewpoint to hold. You shouldn't need to highlight your divorce, nor do I think that's necessarily a check in the "oh thank goodness" column.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:50 PM   #316
Vanlatte

Well, he did say womanly advice, not necessarily advice from a woman.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:51 PM   #317
willsellout
Taking some time off

Quote:
t3ch said... View Post
No, I think that's also a pretty moronic viewpoint to hold. You shouldn't need to highlight your divorce, nor do I think that's necessarily a check in the "oh thank goodness" column.
Yeah, she sounds like an insecure dummy.
willsellout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:52 PM   #318
t3ch
cucklord 9000

You should've said "I'm divorced... so what's wrong with you?"
Old 01-09-2013, 02:53 PM   #319
BottomHeavyKate
I'm with genius ^^^^

Send a message via AIM to BottomHeavyKate Send a message via Yahoo to BottomHeavyKate
Quote:
Zamfir said... View Post
Womanly advice needed:

I don't know that I can help. I'm in a similar boat. I've had people tell me that it's strange that I'm almost 32 and have never been married. They tell me that it's a red flag.

I'd probably mention the divorce since this does seem to be some stupid moronic viewpoint held....

Innocent post from Kate.
Cocks come cock it all up.
Kate starts cursing.
Kate realizes that cocks are cocking her out of love.
Kate rides the wave.
Group hug.
t3ch says something racist.
www.cmkfinancialservices.com

BottomHeavyKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:55 PM   #320
CHUNKY-B
Down at the Crossroads

Quote:
t3ch said... View Post
So should I change my profile to say "single" instead of "divorced" ?
CHUNKY-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:59 PM   #321
ec437
Senior Virtue Signaler

Quote:
t3ch said... View Post
My point was that you basically said you've never met anyone worth dating at a bar and didn't seem too convinced of that changing. And I think that's a pretty stupid viewpoint to hold.

As far as I'm aware, unless you're secretly married, you have a 0% success rate with finding a partner regardless of where it was from.
I've never gone to a bar intent on finding someone to date. I've never met anyone at a bar that went to said bar intent on finding someone at that bar to date that I found to be worth dating. I'm not convinced that I will find someone that goes to bars to find people to date to be worth dating. On the other hand, I have been at bars for other reasons and met people at said bars that were at such bar for other reasons that I considered worth meeting again for a date. Better?

Also, I didn't realize marriage was now your yardstick of a successful relationship. How's that working out for you?
Old 01-09-2013, 03:06 PM   #322
t3ch
cucklord 9000

Quote:
CHUNKY-B said... View Post
So should I change my profile to say "single" instead of "divorced" ?
No, I was just saying it's not like middle-aged women are sitting around going "You know who I wish I could meet? A divorcee. Man those are the best."

It's not something I would choose to over or under emphasize, it just kind of is.

Quote:
ec437 said... View Post
I've never gone to a bar intent on finding someone to date. I've never met anyone at a bar that went to said bar intent on finding someone at that bar to date that I found to be worth dating. I'm not convinced that I will find someone that goes to bars to find people to date to be worth dating. On the other hand, I have been at bars for other reasons and met people at said bars that were at such bar for other reasons that I considered worth meeting again for a date. Better?
Yes.

Quote:
ec437 said... View Post
Also, I didn't realize marriage was now your yardstick of a successful relationship. How's that working out for you?
OK then, you're not married, but I forgot you in a secret long-term, satisfying, successful relationship... You're still batting 0%. I am too.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:11 PM   #323
Vanlatte

Quote:
BottomHeavyKate said... View Post
I don't know that I can help. I'm in a similar boat. I've had people tell me that it's strange that I'm almost 32 and have never been married. They tell me that it's a red flag.
That's just stupid. Better to wait then just jump into a binding agreement before you are ready. I have younger single friends that are fretting all the time about this and I don't know where this stigma comes from either, probably parents - "So, when am I going to be a Grandmother?"
Shaddap already ....

And red flag? Anybody who calls THAT a red flag is just looking for one and would likely find something else if that were not the case. I have seen a good deal of red flags and believe me sista, that ain't one of them!

Old 01-09-2013, 03:12 PM   #324
Croissant Seven
Actually George Soros

Quote:
Zamfir said... View Post
Womanly advice needed:

I've had it go both ways; the women that had an issue with me being divorced were generally not the kind of women I wanted to be around. They were the ones who I considered to be too much like the woman I just divorced.
The rest of them were like "whatevs, are you over her? OK, cool."

My YouTube Channel

Standards: Better when low. - BottomHeavyKate

"Whack shitter closet" is a phrase that needs to go somewhere. - ec437
Croissant Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:15 PM   #325
CHUNKY-B
Down at the Crossroads

Quote:

I'd probably mention the divorce since this does seem to be some stupid moronic viewpoint held....
I wish I could remember the exact wording, but a friend of mine, a divorcee who is 10 years older than me, told me I am lost in the INBETWEEN zone..

20 year old girls want to have fun, 30 year old women want to get married, 40 year olds want to avoid commitment cause they got burned in their 20's and 30's... Or something like that. So I am stuck with the women my age who don't want anything... Hmmm...
CHUNKY-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:15 PM   #326
bassesofalessergod
Captain Downer

Quote:
Zamfir said... View Post
Womanly advice needed:

a perfectly reasonable question on her part.

i think you should def. mention it.

O propheta, certe penis tuus cælum versus erectus est
bassesofalessergod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:17 PM   #327
bassesofalessergod
Captain Downer

Quote:

nah.

a red flag is being 35 and never having been laid.

that is cause to hit the brakes and put it in reverse.
bassesofalessergod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:18 PM   #328
p1gg1e

Quote:
Zamfir said... View Post
Womanly advice needed:

People are strange. Only thing ive noticed are party animal 40-50 year olds that SAY they want to settle down but really they just SAY that. Maybe this person has met a few of those types? Maybe she just wanted to know that you had a long term commitment before and that wasnt something new to you. Id not over think it to much.

Quote:

So many 30 something woman around not married im not sure either why that is an issue. That is so odd. Of course the screams independence and you dont have those pesky kids that come with the package also that would make you NEED a partner

Oh and everyone is the critic I got married "too young". Some people are ready sooner and some ready later.
Quote:
Samson said... View Post
Like a sunset, or honeydew mellon, or a 3rd nipple.
Quote:
King Kashue said... View Post
She's right
Quote:
catphish said... View Post
Sorry piggie. You were right.
Quote:
Kindness said... View Post
I think you're right.
p1gg1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:19 PM   #329
p1gg1e

Quote:
bassesofalessergod said... View Post
nah.

a red flag is being 35 and never having been laid.

that is cause to hit the brakes and put it in reverse.
Oh shush! Be nice!
p1gg1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:19 PM   #330
+homas

"widowed" [runs]
+homas is offline   Reply With Quote