ebassist dot com  ebassist dot com...

Go Back   ebassist dot com > stuff... > the ebassist pub

Old 06-09-2012, 02:05 PM   #301
p1gg1e

Quote:
Zamfir said... View Post
Amish don't provide airstrips.

I'm playing my Sterling for the first time in awhile.
We have an air port just 5 miles away.... or a large field out back same thing
Quote:
Samson said... View Post
Like a sunset, or honeydew mellon, or a 3rd nipple.
Quote:
King Kashue said... View Post
She's right
Quote:
catphish said... View Post
Sorry piggie. You were right.
Quote:
Kindness said... View Post
I think you're right.
p1gg1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 02:36 PM   #302
ec437
Senior Virtue Signaler

Quote:
p1gg1e said... View Post
We have an air port just 5 miles away.... or a large field out back same thing
I'm not sure if you can land a jet on a field.
Old 06-09-2012, 02:40 PM   #303
p1gg1e

Quote:
ec437 said... View Post
Don't know till you try!
Old 06-09-2012, 02:41 PM   #304
fretless
\m/\m/

Quote:
ec437 said... View Post
it's been done , once

and NASA flew it out

Last edited by fretless; 06-09-2012 at 02:48 PM.
fretless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 03:50 PM   #305
ec437
Senior Virtue Signaler

I went for a 1.5 hour run, then made this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339274815.976040.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	3259

3 egg omelet stuffed with cheese and sriracha sautéed spinach and peppers and half an avocado with fresh ground pepper, fresh roasted and brewed French press coffee, orange juice (high pulp, the only way to go), and a half grapefruit

My breakfast: superior to yours
ec437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 04:27 PM   #306
persona non grata

Quote:
p1gg1e said... View Post
And you didnt visit!?
Had no idea at all I'd end up there today.

It was pretty cool too, our client had a son racing in the ST class, and he's getting scouted out by some higher up racing teams. His goal is probably to drive NASCAR, says that has the best salaries and chances to earn the most money. The kid's 19, small as a jockey, but already one steeley eyed dude, and he can drive! Very cool day, but now my head is burned to a crisp!
persona non grata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 04:48 PM   #307
Bogster
Metal Dad

Last rehearsal tonight before our cd release party. Layout for the back and front panel are done as well as for the cd itself, and should be pressed this week. Also, got homeowner's insurance yesterday for the new home. Everything is falling into place.
Bogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 05:10 PM   #308
Kindness
Full Blown Lobstrosity

Quote:
Bogster said... View Post
Also, got homeowner's insurance yesterday for the new home.
When do you move in?
Kindness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:33 PM   #309
Zamfir
Hiding in my amygdala

Quote:
ec437 said... View Post
I went for a 1.5 hour run, then made this:

Attachment 3259

3 egg omelet stuffed with cheese and sriracha sautéed spinach and peppers and half an avocado with fresh ground pepper, fresh roasted and brewed French press coffee, orange juice (high pulp, the only way to go), and a half grapefruit

My breakfast: superior to yours

Except for the place-setting.

Went to a party at my boss's boss's place. My boss's boss, another coworker, and I proceeded to make fun of Maryland where FWB lives (she was at the party, too).

Well that explains a lot: While the rest of the world is playing an "e" note, you're playing a schwa. -DevilRaysFan to lug

“There are thoughtless dilettanti or purblind worldlings who sometimes ask us: 'What is it that Britain and France are fighting for?' To this I answer: 'If we left off fighting, you would soon find out.'" -Winston Churchill
Zamfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:00 PM   #310
LonerMatt

Holy shit just got given an awesome idea on a platter.

I talked to a friend about how I want to take my students on an excursion to Melbourne as sort of an exposure trip, must have been 3 months ago.

Talking to her today she mentioned that her mother, for example, would be happy to front up some money to get the kids in the city (my students are incredibly poor, as in, can't afford pens and paper for school poor).

Our next unit in Humanities (SOSE) is economics. So the brain starts clunking away and I think:

Why not give them a challenge to raise funds to go on an excursion to Melbourne for a day or two?
Give the class a lot of structure in terms of what's needed when, but see how we can operate together and what we can achieve and raise funds to go to see. We could also visit some local stores there (chocolate stores) and a few other places to really tie into education and experience, but the process of a longer project would be really beneficial for them - I think I could easily get 100 people to donate $25 - so just teaching the students how to tap into charity, understand money and budgeting and organisation, reach out to a community through enterprise and connect with a much larger scope of the world using economics as a tool to achieve ambition could be awesome.

I'm giddy!
Old 06-09-2012, 10:24 PM   #311
jonjohn
I'm back

Had a really good gig for our CD release last night. I think about 300 people turned up and were in the mood to dance. Looks like spending the extra on advertising paid off.

*edit. Oh and it was the first time my home made speakers got a real work out. 3 bands played through it (about 3 1/2 to 4 hours) and the amp hardly got warm.

Last edited by jonjohn; 06-09-2012 at 10:33 PM.
jonjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:35 PM   #312
Bogster
Metal Dad

Quote:
When do you move in?
Closing date is set for 6/23 (which is odd to me due to being a weekend, but is the date the bank gave us).
Bogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:54 AM   #313
Thumper
Killer Bunny

Way more is going right than wrong lately.

Friday: We drove down to McMinnville (20 miles south on scenic Highway 99W, through wine country) and had a nice belated Mother's Day dinner with friends. Roasted leg of lamb and some very nice Yamhill county wines...yum...

Saturday: I shoveled bark dust in the community garden for a couple hours. I ache in places I didn't even remember having muscles before. Then, off to the first band rehearsal in months. We were on the verge of disintegrating, but now we're committed to recording some demos and shopping around for more gigs.

Today: We're going out for brunch with our friends from up the street, working in the yard, and taking Harley the Black Lab from Hell for a big walk.

Things are looking so much better than they were a month ago, when Mrs. Thumper's brain went sideways on us.

I have absolutely nothing to complain about, so if I start griping about anything, just b*tch-slap me and tell me to STFU.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:17 AM   #314
p1gg1e

Quote:
Thumper said... View Post
Way more is going right than wrong lately.

Friday: We drove down to McMinnville (20 miles south on scenic Highway 99W, through wine country) and had a nice belated Mother's Day dinner with friends. Roasted leg of lamb and some very nice Yamhill county wines...yum...

Saturday: I shoveled bark dust in the community garden for a couple hours. I ache in places I didn't even remember having muscles before. Then, off to the first band rehearsal in months. We were on the verge of disintegrating, but now we're committed to recording some demos and shopping around for more gigs.

Today: We're going out for brunch with our friends from up the street, working in the yard, and taking Harley the Black Lab from Hell for a big walk.

Things are looking so much better than they were a month ago, when Mrs. Thumper's brain went sideways on us.

I have absolutely nothing to complain about, so if I start griping about anything, just b*tch-slap me and tell me to STFU.
I want to like this 1000000x!
Old 06-10-2012, 01:08 PM   #315
Zamfir
Hiding in my amygdala

Got a haircut, got sun/Vitamin D on the way to and from the haircut, and am now drinking a glass of lime-ade from half a leftover lime. Can't beat the real stuff without the chemicals.
Old 06-10-2012, 05:29 PM   #316
willsellout
Taking some time off

Eating great food right now and drinking great beer. Later I will be eating more great food and drinking great wine in preparation of True Blood!
willsellout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:12 PM   #317
Kindness
Full Blown Lobstrosity

Slept in late (11am) and the hit the Museum of Science and Industry with the wife and kid yesterday. Went mini golfing with them today. Playing hooky from work on Tues for a golf outing (on someone else's dime). Found a 30-year fixed at .375 lower than I was initially expecting. Played a ton of video games with the kid this weekend. Got an unexpected (an unsolicited) raise from one of my clients yesterday (retroactive too!). Cleared all of my funds for closing 7 weeks ahead of schedule. Belly full of pulled pork and sausage. Landed an 8 figure deal for one of my clients.

It's been a decent weekend.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:28 PM   #318
Zamfir
Hiding in my amygdala

Quote:
Slept in late (11am) and the hit the Museum of Science and Industry with the wife and kid yesterday. Went mini golfing with them today. Playing hooky from work on Tues for a golf outing (on someone else's dime). Found a 30-year fixed at .375 lower than I was initially expecting. Played a ton of video games with the kid this weekend. Got an unexpected (an unsolicited) raise from one of my clients yesterday (retroactive too!). Cleared all of my funds for closing 7 weeks ahead of schedule. Belly full of pulled pork and sausage. Landed an 8 figure deal for one of my clients.

Can I borrow some of your awesome?
Old 06-10-2012, 06:38 PM   #319
Kindness
Full Blown Lobstrosity

Quote:
Zamfir said... View Post
Can I borrow some of your awesome?
It is my theory that nearly everyone's positive/negative comes out to an even (or equal) balance. What may appear to be a surplus of awesome is really just the right amount needed to balance the not awesome.

So no, you can't have my much needed awesome!
Old 06-10-2012, 06:42 PM   #320
brett

I took my daughter to the pool today, and we both had a blast. We just grilled out...baken wrapped hot dogs, and now we're just waiting to watch True Blood. Fantastic day!
brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:56 PM   #321
ec437
Senior Virtue Signaler

I spent literally all day sorting through junk mail or doing laundry/dishes. Nice to have the chores done I guess!
ec437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:09 PM   #322
p1gg1e

Quote:
ec437 said... View Post
I spent literally all day sorting through junk mail or doing laundry/dishes. Nice to have the chores done I guess! :lol
It was a good day for that. Makes the stress level lower for sure.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:18 PM   #323
Brother Mango
Full of Capsaicin

Quote:

FANTASTIC!!!!!
Brother Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:29 PM   #324
Zamfir
Hiding in my amygdala

Quote:
It is my theory that nearly everyone's positive/negative comes out to an even (or equal) balance. What may appear to be a surplus of awesome is really just the right amount needed to balance the not awesome.

So no, you can't have my much needed awesome!
On the contrary, your zero-sum theory says that if I take out your awesome, your not-awesome goes down, too.

All your awesome is (should) belong to me!
Old 06-10-2012, 07:30 PM   #325
Kindness
Full Blown Lobstrosity

Quote:
Zamfir said... View Post
On the contrary, your zero-sum theory says that if I take out your awesome, your not-awesome goes down, too.

All your awesome is (should) belong to me!
I like this theory and shall subscribe to your newsletter!
Old 06-10-2012, 07:33 PM   #326
Zamfir
Hiding in my amygdala

Quote:
I like this theory and shall subscribe to your newsletter!
Also, I'm happy to report my situation is not zero-sum, as the whole point of the thread is to rebalance my life and everyone else's in the realm of awesome.

But as you are the exception: by giving me your awesome, I am not subject to your not-awesome. You experience a net movement towards zero, and your not-awesome is absorbed, well, somewhere.

I'm guessing lug.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:34 PM   #327
Kindness
Full Blown Lobstrosity

Quote:
Zamfir said... View Post
I'm guessing lug.
Safe bet.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:36 PM   #328
Zamfir
Hiding in my amygdala

I'm off to determine whether Harris Teeter's version of moose tracks is on the positive side of awesome.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:40 PM   #329
mlwarriner
Cyclo-Masochist

Quote:
t3ch said... View Post
Kate isn't fresh off of recovering from surgery this month, jackwagon.
all the more reason to aim for the tatas if you really must fight her.
mlwarriner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:52 PM   #330
BottomHeavyKate
I'm with genius ^^^^

Send a message via AIM to BottomHeavyKate Send a message via Yahoo to BottomHeavyKate
I got cleared for running today.

Innocent post from Kate.
Cocks come cock it all up.
Kate starts cursing.
Kate realizes that cocks are cocking her out of love.
Kate rides the wave.
Group hug.
t3ch says something racist.
www.cmkfinancialservices.com

BottomHeavyKate is offline   Reply With Quote