ebassist dot com  ebassist dot com...

Go Back   ebassist dot com > stuff... > the ebassist pub

Old 01-07-2013, 12:25 PM   #121
lug

Quote:
Reverend179 said... View Post
I have a wide hand and short-ish fingers. I wear an xxl boxing glove but my pinkie is 2 1/2" (thanks C7, I had to go measure).
You stole my hands! BTW, thanks for the present!
The path of the sucky man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of bass men. Blessed is he who, in the name Lug and good will, shepherds the on-beat rhythm through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost notes and tunings. And I will strike down upon thy strings with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to play on beat and in tune. And you will know my name is Lug when I lay my MP3's upon you! - CHUNKY-B
lug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:27 PM   #122
Croissant Seven
Actually George Soros

Quote:
I have a wide hand and short-ish fingers. I wear an xxl boxing glove but my pinkie is 2 1/2" (thanks C7, I had to go measure).
Bass players who watch me play a 5 string often comment on my strange technique, because my hand moves a LOT. Then I show them my hands.

For bass, the only thing that it gives me an issue with is octaves on the B and E strings in the first position, and four fret stretches. I just had to develop really good accuracy with my shifts and I was good. Another issue I have is that I can't use my pinky and ring fingers simultaneously; if the ring finger is fretting a note, the pinky cant reach the fretboard, and if the pinky is fretting, I have to arch the ring finger so much to hit the fretboard, it's not even worth it.

My YouTube Channel

Standards: Better when low. - BottomHeavyKate

"Whack shitter closet" is a phrase that needs to go somewhere. - ec437
Croissant Seven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:29 PM   #123
Reverend179

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend179
Quote:
Croissant Seven said... View Post
Bass players who watch me play a 5 string often comment on my strange technique, because my hand moves a LOT. Then I show them my hands.

For bass, the only thing that it gives me an issue with is octaves on the B and E strings in the first position, and four fret stretches. I just had to develop really good accuracy with my shifts and I was good. Another issue I have is that I can't use my pinky and ring fingers simultaneously; if the ring finger is fretting a note, the pinky cant reach the fretboard, and if the pinky is fretting, I have to arch the ring finger so much to hit the fretboard, it's not even worth it.
I can do a 6 fret stretch from first position, but that's because my first bass teacher gave me a set of hand stretches to do every day, as often as was comfortable, because I could only hit from F to G#.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:35 PM   #124
mykizha
Resident Non Resident

So an "Online dating thread" is really just another "Toilet seat up or down thread"?

FWIW I live in the woods and prefer to just go outside.

I have nothing to add about online dating.
mykizha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:38 PM   #125
CHUNKY-B
Down at the Crossroads

Quote:
mykizha said... View Post
So an "Online dating thread" is really just another "Toilet seat up or down thread"?

Is really just a how big are your hands / how long are you fingers? Thread... Looks around desk for a ruler...
CHUNKY-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:39 PM   #126
Reverend179

Quote:
CHUNKY-B said... View Post
Is really just a how big are your hands / how long are you fingers? Thread... Looks around desk for a ruler...
Had a girlfriend who had a ruler tattooed on her inner thigh.

Before you all jump on me, yes I was young, and yes I was fucking retarded.
Reverend179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:44 PM   #127
Kindness
Full Blown Lobstrosity

Quote:
BottomHeavyKate said... View Post
Maybe I'm using the wrong word....the last guy I met...I thought he was nice via texting, we had a similar sense of humor, his pictures looked good....but when we met something about him put me off.

Shreeky laugh, tiny hands, I literally mentally asked myself if I could see myself kissing him and I felt a little grossed out.

There was NO attraction in person. I need to feel some attraction towards the person - and I guess that's what I'm calling chemistry.

I'm still learning. Have only met two people from online, the more I meet the more I think I will understand what I am looking for. Maybe I need to force myself to go on second dates when I just didn't feel it on the first....I don't know.

I want to just say - I'm going to do the things I love in my life and when I meet someone, then yay! But I can't do the things I love in my life right now. So this is my option.
What my concern would be if you were immediately strongly attracted to someone on the first date. It is typically a sign that the person is pushing the pleasure centers associated with one of your existing heuristics. There is something about the person that is seductive and it is not necessarily a good something.

I guess the best way to say it is be cautious if someone is exceptionally attractive right off the bat.
Kindness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #128
t3ch
cucklord 9000

Quote:
Kindness said... View Post
What my concern would be if you were immediately strongly attracted to someone on the first date. It is typically a sign that the person is pushing the pleasure centers associated with one of your existing heuristics. There is something about the person that is seductive and it is not necessarily a good something.

I guess the best way to say it is be cautious if someone is exceptionally attractive right off the bat.
In that case I need to ask... what are you hiding?

t3ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:46 PM   #129
Croissant Seven
Actually George Soros

Quote:

Yeah, that was a tough transition coming from CO to Chicago, not being able to just whip it out willy-nilly and let 'er rip. T3ch can confirm this.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:47 PM   #130
Croissant Seven
Actually George Soros

Quote:

So wait...you're telling me that if I want to fuck someone on the first date, it means I shouldn't fuck them on the first date?
Old 01-07-2013, 12:47 PM   #131
p1gg1e

My pinkies are longer then C7's but shorter then Rev.
Quote:
Samson said... View Post
Like a sunset, or honeydew mellon, or a 3rd nipple.
Quote:
King Kashue said... View Post
She's right
Quote:
catphish said... View Post
Sorry piggie. You were right.
Quote:
I think you're right.
p1gg1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:47 PM   #132
Reverend179

Quote:

I had a therapist tell me that basically everything about my attraction mechanism was wrong, and if I'm attracted to a girl I should probably run the other direction as fast as possible. Talk abouts a headfuck.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:49 PM   #133
Croissant Seven
Actually George Soros

Quote:
I had a therapist tell me that basically everything about my attraction mechanism was wrong, and if I'm attracted to a girl I should probably run the other direction as fast as possible. Talk abouts a headfuck.
Hey, crazy bitches need love, too.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:50 PM   #134
Reverend179

Quote:
Hey, crazy bitches need love, too.
I just need to learn that girls who need white knights are always gonna be in another castle, and my dick don't need stomped in the dirt to figure that out no mo.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:51 PM   #135
Vanlatte

Quote:

Quote:
t3ch said... View Post
In that case I need to ask... what are you hiding?
There doesn't need to be anything hidden. I get exactly what Kindness is saying here and have to admit that it's a fairly recent development for me.

It's also a very thin line because one could easily go from one extreme to the other; falling head over heels for somebody that flips a lot of switches but overall may not be a good fit is one side of it. The other side is the jaded, suspicious wall of Stone that rejects everything for fear of something too good to be true.

Truth be told I think most of us fall too far on either side of that line.

We live in an age where mass communication has counter intuitively turned all attempts at verbal debate into a basketball game where the teams are on different courts and stand around the basket racking up meaningless points and throwing shit over the dividing wall.

- Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Vanlatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:51 PM   #136
p1gg1e

Quote:

I think the issue is acting on that attraction when you are looking for a more long term relationship. Because seductive can be a good thing in the long run also.
p1gg1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:52 PM   #137
t3ch
cucklord 9000

Quote:
Vanlatte said... View Post
There doesn't need to be anything hidden. I get exactly what Kindness is saying here and have to admit that it's a fairly recent development for me.

It's also a very thin line because one could easily go from one extreme to the other; falling head over heels for somebody that flips a lot of switches but overall may not be a good fit is one side of it. The other side is the jaded, suspicious wall of Stone that rejects everything for fear of something too good to be true.

Truth be told I think most of us fall too far on either side of that line.
Well I have such a man-boner for kindness I just assumed it meant he had bodies buried somewhere or something. I have a thing for serial killing pathological liars dressed in vests.
t3ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:53 PM   #138
Vanlatte

You had me at "man boner"

Old 01-07-2013, 12:54 PM   #139
Croissant Seven
Actually George Soros

Quote:
I just need to learn that girls who need white knights are always gonna be in another castle, and my dick don't need stomped in the dirt to figure that out no mo.
Stop trying to rescue women, dummy!

There's nothing quite like when a woman who doesn't need you for anything keeps returning your phone calls, it's pure bliss.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:56 PM   #140
Reverend179

Quote:
Stop trying to rescue women, dummy!

There's nothing quite like when a woman who doesn't need you for anything keeps returning your phone calls, it's pure bliss.
No shit. My last girl was like that. Didn't save her, she didn't need me. Turned out she REALLY didn't need me in the end. But that's okay. Took me damn near 30 years to figure that shit out.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:57 PM   #141
Kindness
Full Blown Lobstrosity

Quote:
I'm gently implying the same to BHK.
Kindness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:58 PM   #142
BottomHeavyKate
I'm with genius ^^^^

Send a message via AIM to BottomHeavyKate Send a message via Yahoo to BottomHeavyKate
Quote:

I do too when I'm up on the farm....

Quote:

That is a very excellent point. I'm going to put some thought into this and will be careful going forward.

I've only had that head over heels feeling for two people in my life. One I dated and he ran off to Texas, the other I never got a chance to date but is in a larger circle of friends. I enjoy swooning over getting to look at him now and then

Innocent post from Kate.
Cocks come cock it all up.
Kate starts cursing.
Kate realizes that cocks are cocking her out of love.
Kate rides the wave.
Group hug.
t3ch says something racist.
www.cmkfinancialservices.com

BottomHeavyKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:03 PM   #143
lug

Quote:
I do too when I'm up on the farm....

That is a very excellent point. I'm going to put some thought into this and will be careful going forward.

I've only had that head over heels feeling for two people in my life. One I dated and he ran off to Texas, the other I never got a chance to date but is in a larger circle of friends. I enjoy swooning over getting to look at him now and then
I live in Texas.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:04 PM   #144
BottomHeavyKate
I'm with genius ^^^^

Send a message via AIM to BottomHeavyKate Send a message via Yahoo to BottomHeavyKate
Quote:
lug said... View Post
I live in Texas.
hmmm.....can you take care of someone for me?
Old 01-07-2013, 01:05 PM   #145
CHUNKY-B
Down at the Crossroads

Quote:
lug said... View Post
I live in Texas.
And I'm not in her circle of friends for her to swoon over...

CHUNKY-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:05 PM   #146
Vanlatte

Quote:

Good Lord woman, do you realize what you have done?!

The usual suspects here are going to go bananas over that comment.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:05 PM   #147
lug

Quote:
hmmm.....can you take care of someone for me?
I got 4 acres and a cow carcass........yep.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:06 PM   #148
BottomHeavyKate
I'm with genius ^^^^

Quote:
Vanlatte said... View Post
Good Lord woman, do you realize what you have done?!

The usual suspects here are going to go bananas over that comment.
WIN!

Quote:
lug said... View Post
I got 4 acres and a cow carcass........yep.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:07 PM   #149
Croissant Seven
Actually George Soros

Quote:
No shit. My last girl was like that. Didn't save her, she didn't need me. Turned out she REALLY didn't need me in the end. But that's okay. Took me damn near 30 years to figure that shit out.
Heh, sounds like my marriage. I was never necessary, but I was a damn fine lifestyle-affordability accoutrement. As soon as my income was no longer required for her to keep up with her trust-fundy friends, I was out.

Dr. Dre was a prophet.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:09 PM   #150
Reverend179

Quote:
Heh, sounds like my marriage. I was never necessary, but I was a damn fine lifestyle-affordability accoutrement. As soon as my income was no longer required for her to keep up with her trust-fundy friends, I was out.

Dr. Dre was a prophet.
Oh I was a way to escape her living situation (living with her ex) originally, and then she had to justify the one-night stand with a relationship, then she stuck around 'cuz I think she felt bad for me for a while, then she got bored and too busy. Shoulda seen it coming.