ebassist dot com  ebassist dot com...

Go Back   ebassist dot com > stuff... > the ebassist pub

Old 01-06-2013, 10:21 PM   #31
Zamfir
Hiding in my amygdala

Quote:
Brother Mango said... View Post
I encountered something similar with local women: the online thing goes on for ever and ever and never converts into a face-to-face meeting before I call shenanigans.
Ask to meet up by message #3 or #4. Hesitation = move on.

Well that explains a lot: While the rest of the world is playing an "e" note, you're playing a schwa. -DevilRaysFan to lug

“There are thoughtless dilettanti or purblind worldlings who sometimes ask us: 'What is it that Britain and France are fighting for?' To this I answer: 'If we left off fighting, you would soon find out.'" -Winston Churchill
Zamfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:53 PM   #32
Brother Mango
Full of Capsaicin

Quote:
Zamfir said... View Post
Ask to meet up by message #3 or #4. Hesitation = move on.
No more of that for me. Online dating ain't happenin' no more.
Brother Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:21 AM   #33
ec437
Senior Virtue Signaler

Quote:
slapthefunkyfour said... View Post
Woo Hoo!!!

Kate,
I saw your profile, and I'm interested in talking to you sometime. I see you play the bass and you like to ride bicycles. That's awesome! Let me know if you're interested!
Thanks,
Matt

See, I'm getting the hang of this. I'm not sure if it will work though.....
Drop the "let me know if you're interested" part, and replace it with "I'd love to hear more about that"
Old 01-07-2013, 01:23 AM   #34
ec437
Senior Virtue Signaler

Quote:
D Aussie said... View Post
Just be careful with online dating.

One of my friends is currently employed to be 12 different female personas on a very well known dating site.

He has a book of photos for each of them, and only responds to emails, or text chat.
It's creepy talking to him now, in real life
I had to read this post twice to understand it.
ec437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:28 AM   #35
ec437
Senior Virtue Signaler

Quote:
perrydabassman said... View Post
I think my bride and I decided to meet (in a public place) after about three or four online conversations, the spark was there, and after a short engagement (8 years) we decided to tie the knot.

You were engaged before you decided to get married?

ec437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:41 AM   #36
perrydabassman
Willie - big pianist

Quote:
ec437 said... View Post

You were engaged before you decided to get married?

We do something wrong?
Old 01-07-2013, 08:47 AM   #37
CHUNKY-B
Down at the Crossroads

So I get my first message from POF...

"Just thought I would say Hi and see if you were interested in talking or texting....my name is GeorgeAnn and my profile is limited but I think I am pretty interesting "

Has her phone number below it... Who in the hell names their daughter GEORGE? I don't see me yelling out her name during sex...
CHUNKY-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:51 AM   #38
BottomHeavyKate
I'm with genius ^^^^

Send a message via AIM to BottomHeavyKate Send a message via Yahoo to BottomHeavyKate
Quote:
I encountered something similar with local women: the online thing goes on for ever and ever and never converts into a face-to-face meeting before I call shenanigans.
Women are told to be so very cautious....the two guys I have meet were after drawn out conversations. When we met, I felt no chemistry....that sucked. So now, I'm deciding to chat a bit to try and get a feel for their personality and meet then much faster. Especially now that I know I need to feel a sense of chemistry right off the bat.

Innocent post from Kate.
Cocks come cock it all up.
Kate starts cursing.
Kate realizes that cocks are cocking her out of love.
Kate rides the wave.
Group hug.
t3ch says something racist.
www.cmkfinancialservices.com

BottomHeavyKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:05 AM   #39
Croissant Seven
Actually George Soros

Quote:
BottomHeavyKate said... View Post
Women are told to be so very cautious....the two guys I have meet were after drawn out conversations. When we met, I felt no chemistry....that sucked. So now, I'm deciding to chat a bit to try and get a feel for their personality and meet then much faster. Especially now that I know I need to feel a sense of chemistry right off the bat.
Just remember, send up the bat signal if a date goes sideways, and I'll send in the trannies. I got yo' back!

My YouTube Channel

Standards: Better when low. - BottomHeavyKate

"Whack shitter closet" is a phrase that needs to go somewhere. - ec437
Croissant Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:13 AM   #40
Seethroughsouls
BHMCC

Quote:
solderjunkie said... View Post
This!

Then again, she might want "in" on it...
Quote:
Have you tried? You might be pleasantly surprised.
If either of you had ever met the ball and chain you would understand that she is a terribly jealous woman, and has threatened to perform a Lorena Bobbit type procedure on me if I am ever guilty of infidelity.

Quote:
Try heaven for the scenery and hell for the company
Work hard today! Millions on welfare are counting on you.
Seethroughsouls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:21 AM   #41
t3ch
cucklord 9000

Fuck a load of online dating unless you're a dude who's either super hot, ripped, or mentions money.

t3ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:28 AM   #42
CHUNKY-B
Down at the Crossroads

Quote:
t3ch said... View Post
Fuck a load of online dating unless you're a dude who's either super hot, ripped, or mentions money.
Guess I need to start putting $$$ in all my posts, cause I sure am not going to be ripped anytime soon!!!
Old 01-07-2013, 09:30 AM   #43
t3ch
cucklord 9000

Your main picture being you next to a $100k Mercedes works just as well, etc.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:40 AM   #44
CHUNKY-B
Down at the Crossroads

Quote:
t3ch said... View Post
I'll run down to the dealership at lunch and get some new profile pics... Do I need a handful of Benji's, too? ? ?
Old 01-07-2013, 09:42 AM   #45
t3ch
cucklord 9000

Now now, ladies love subtlety...
Old 01-07-2013, 09:46 AM   #46
Jugghaid
Buildiing green economies

Quote:
t3ch said... View Post

“Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck.”
-Joss Whedon

"Our Dark Lord has some tasty spunk, yo."
-C7

www.corezero.rocks
Jugghaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:49 AM   #47
Brother Mango
Full of Capsaicin

Quote:
I understand that. I think of one woman in particular who was happy to email back & forth for a couple of months. If I was creepy or threatening, then just leave me alone.

She had her own issues that I now see it was silly of me to have tried to accommodate.

It makes sense to chat a while and not waste your time meeting with someone that you should have weeded out. just don't let it drag out for 2 months. However, for me, it's one more reason to scrap online dating.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:50 AM   #48
Kindness
Full Blown Lobstrosity

Quote:
Chemistry is dangerous. I would be very concerned about using that as a primary criterion.
Kindness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:51 AM   #49
Brother Mango
Full of Capsaicin

Quote:
Seethroughsouls said... View Post
If either of you had ever met the ball and chain you would understand that she is a terribly jealous woman, and has threatened to perform a Lorena Bobbit type procedure on me if I am ever guilty of infidelity.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:55 AM   #50
Vanlatte

Quote:

===
One thing that was great about Dr. Glover's book and online courses was that he gave us permission to own whatever it was we were looking for. There was no shame if we were out in the world looking for a blowjob or a wife or a steady girlfriend. So, the whole adventure started with "what the hell do I want? Honestly!" From there, it became a numbers game and it was fun.
This is Golden and I think a big reason why many struggle with this process. Not knowing what you want in the first place makes it pretty hard to actually get it.

I have always chimed in with the advice to escalate quickly and I understand that women are cautious. And they should be. In fact men should be cautious too. But caution does not mean dragging out the getting to know you phase over texts and messages - that can be a mess because it's too easy to build a non existent person out of thin air and dissapointment is bound to be inevitable.

There was one woman that I hit it off with pretty quickly and we arranged to meet the following week. Since a meeting was arranged I thought no more about it and didn't message at all. So I get a note from her on the day of that she is going to bail out, because she felt "the connection is gone"

We live in an age where mass communication has counter intuitively turned all attempts at verbal debate into a basketball game where the teams are on different courts and stand around the basket racking up meaningless points and throwing shit over the dividing wall.

- Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Vanlatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:55 AM   #51
bassman1956
Chasing Jaffas

Location: they say if I'm nice, they'll unstrap my arms next week... but I don't trust them!
Quote:
Kindness said... View Post
Chemistry is dangerous. I would be very concerned about using that as a primary criterion.
True.

But no chemistry, as in none, is pointless.

Daniel Emon, WoodenBoat Magazine
bassman1956 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:05 AM   #52
Croissant Seven
Actually George Soros

Quote:
bassman1956 said... View Post
True.

But no chemistry, as in none, is pointless.
The art of dating chemistry is taking two or more elements, and creating something with them that doesn't rapidly combust, corrode, irradiate, or poison.

"Chemistry" is step two if you ask me. Without exception, in every long term relationship I've been in, I've liked and appreciated that person much more after 3 months than I did after 3 dates. Some chemical reactions are rapid and violent, some are slow-developing and require steady heat and light agitation to fully develop. There you go.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:07 AM   #53
willsellout
Taking some time off

Chemistry, when coupled with common sense and a bit of skepticism is usually a safe bet.
willsellout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:10 AM   #54
p1gg1e

With BP I figured that if the dates went well after a few months that we would continue dating. Sure I was attracted but that wasn't everything either. It also gave me time to see how we both reacted to each other saying things that would be offensive.
Quote:
Samson said... View Post
Like a sunset, or honeydew mellon, or a 3rd nipple.
Quote:
King Kashue said... View Post
She's right
Quote:
catphish said... View Post
Sorry piggie. You were right.
Quote:
I think you're right.
p1gg1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:12 AM   #55
willsellout
Taking some time off

Quote:
p1gg1e said... View Post
With BP I figured that if the dates went well after a few months that we would continue dating. Sure I was attracted but that wasn't everything either. It also gave me time to see how we both reacted to each other saying things that would be offensive.
At what point in the dating timeline did you first make him sit down to pee
willsellout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:13 AM   #56
Brother Mango
Full of Capsaicin

Quote:
That crossed my mind. We'd have to ask "what is being defined as chemistry?"

Is it an expectation of love at first site? Or, is it the presence of one or more deal-breakers?
Old 01-07-2013, 10:15 AM   #57
Brother Mango
Full of Capsaicin

Quote:
Seethroughsouls said... View Post
Who said anything about infidelity. Have her jump in. the more the merrier. There's probably enough of you to share.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:20 AM   #58
Vanlatte

Quote:

Is it an expectation of love at first site? Or, is it the presence of one or more deal-breakers?
That's key isn't it? It's not hard to confuse chemistry with all sorts of things, from excitement to attraction to making me laugh to everything in between - and that is probably where a lot of us trip and fall. I know I have - "But we have so much chemistry!" No you don't, dumbass, just because she laughs at all your jokes and you both like a few of the same bands is hardly all there is to chemistry.

In fact we need a knew term - chemistry is just too vague.
Vanlatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #59
Croissant Seven
Actually George Soros

Quote:

If we depended on love at first sight, and were totally inflexible on the deal-breakers, we would deplete as a species very rapidly.

And regarding deal-breakers, write down a list of what you find as non-negotiable, then look at it objectively, and think about which ones are actually kind of absurd. I mean, yeah, if you aren't OK with intravenous drug use, that's one thing, but I've heard people say "I didn't go on a second date with him/her because when he picked me up, he/she was listening to Eminem." COME ON!
Old 01-07-2013, 10:24 AM   #60
CHUNKY-B
Down at the Crossroads

Quote:
Croissant Seven said... View Post

And regarding deal-breakers, write down a list of what you find as non-negotiable, then look at it objectively, and think about which ones are actually kind of absurd. I mean, yeah, if you aren't OK with intravenous drug use, that's one thing, but I've heard people say "I didn't go on a second date with him/her because when he picked me up, he/she was listening to Eminem." COME ON!
Seriously! I mean it's not like he was listening to Nickleback!!!