ebassist dot com  ebassist dot com...

Go Back   ebassist dot com > stuff... > the ebassist pub

Old 05-16-2017, 01:36 PM   #4261
Taustin Powers

Went shopping with my son yesterday:

Don't know where he gets it from...

Picked up Dishonored 2 on the way out. "Ghosted" my way through the first mission last night - great game!
Taustin Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 04:11 PM   #4262
oldivor
take it easy

Aftering seeing some pics of Gerudo Link, I suddenly want to play Breath of the Wild.
Old 05-16-2017, 04:16 PM   #4263
MrJoshua
Quit ogling my member!

Send a message via AIM to MrJoshua Send a message via Yahoo to MrJoshua
Quote:
oldivor said... View Post
Aftering seeing some pics of Gerudo Link, I suddenly want to play Breath of the Wild.
I literally ordered a Switch three hours ago, in large part because I have heard so many great reviews of the new Zelda game. Target had the "starter bundle" in stock that included a Switch, Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart, a Pro Controller, and a travel case. It says it has shipped and will be here Thursday; we will see. There was a note on the website that items in a bundle may not ship together, so I'm half expecting to get everything BUT the Switch and for it to show up whenever.
Old 05-16-2017, 04:45 PM   #4264
oldivor
take it easy

Quote:
MrJoshua said... View Post
I literally ordered a Switch three hours ago, in large part because I have heard so many great reviews of the new Zelda game. Target had the "starter bundle" in stock that included a Switch, Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart, a Pro Controller, and a travel case. It says it has shipped and will be here Thursday; we will see. There was a note on the website that items in a bundle may not ship together, so I'm half expecting to get everything BUT the Switch and for it to show up whenever.
Consider me a stick in the mud, but I don't like paying online subscription fees. Chances are I'll just pick up a Wii U and use that. That's also why I'll never buy a PS4 or XB1 too. It's a shame since the Switch looks pretty cool.
oldivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 12:35 AM   #4265
King Kashue
Hippity hoppity

Facial animations in Injustice 2...this is what a fighting game gets and an RPG like ME:A had the issues it did? Bargl.

Also, the blonde on the left looks like her model was Ashley Fires...not that I know who that is...

"Flying underwater is a helluva thing." - Bro. Mango
"be warned - all women are lying cheating whores" - Weirdocat
"In my opinion it would be a lot better to get some fact into our STUFF" - Helen V. Beden.
King Kashue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 12:53 AM   #4266
oldivor
take it easy

Old 05-17-2017, 11:48 AM   #4267
Reverend179

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend179
Quote:
King Kashue said... View Post
Facial animations in Injustice 2...this is what a fighting game gets and an RPG like ME:A had the issues it did? Bargl.

Also, the blonde on the left looks like her model was Ashley Fires...not that I know who that is...
And what's funnier still is that the FGC almost universally mocked Injustice 2 for it's female models.
Old 05-17-2017, 04:40 PM   #4268
MrJoshua
Quit ogling my member!

Quote:
Consider me a stick in the mud, but I don't like paying online subscription fees. Chances are I'll just pick up a Wii U and use that. That's also why I'll never buy a PS4 or XB1 too. It's a shame since the Switch looks pretty cool.
I have no plan to pay any online subscription fees either. Why would I need to?
MrJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 01:20 AM   #4269
oldivor
take it easy

Quote:
I have no plan to pay any online subscription fees either. Why would I need to?
I dunno, I dislike the fact that if I own the console, game, and internet connection I have to pay to play online.
Old 05-18-2017, 04:19 PM   #4270
niomosy

Well, I beat Wolfenstein: The New Order. I must say it starts off decent but builds up very well. I was staying up a bit just to finish each level.

I do miss the more open world feel of RtCW, though. This game felt a lot more guided and restricted. RtCW had that as well but also included some open maps. Ditto the portions where you absolutely had to stealth through as setting the alarm off was an automatic mission failure.

Of the far-fetched stuff in the game, the Da'at Yichud as the designers of that stuff seems rather odd to me. Particularly when I'm looking at it and thinking, how much stuff did the Nazis get out of that "small" cache? Seems like the Nazis did a lot on their own as well. That or computing and several other things were in that small cache that let the Nazis win the war. Seems like some pretty critical stuff in a small cache that the Nazis were able to get to.

Worse, Set Roth talks about the group having helped other nations but apparently all those other large and incredible caches were just left. Exactly how much help were the Da'at Yichud giving? Why wait so long when you can see that your stuff's already getting put to use and know the other side is pretty damn well fucked? Hell, that suit and the wrecking ball that were eventually used would have been a good start. What about producing some more of those for the war effort? If the Germans could tear through Russia with their mechanized dogs, imagine a group of mechanized soldiers in those suits? If nothing else, the war would certainly be much different in 1960.

Moving on.... the last time in Berlin sucked. Seeing the place up in flames and a number of people dead was rather sad. Watching that girl (forgot her name) take out a couple more Nazis before getting wiped out really sucked as did watching Klaus die. On a plus note, seeing Caroline get the Magic Legs suit was pretty awesome.

Wondering what they're going to do with the ending. Seems like Blazkowicz is going to either bleed to death or be nuked. I'm curious to see if he manages to get out of this one somehow in a future game. I'm sure the writers can come up with something if they decide to go that route. Otherwise, I'm wondering which way the series is going to go. Continue in the 1960s or treat it as a theoretical alternate timeline? There's options here.

Loads of fun, though. I think Return to Castle Wolfenstein remains my favorite for now, though I haven't tried most of the in-betweens in the series. Might go that route as my current desktop could barely handle medium settings for The New Order at times when memory usage was really high (looking at you, Chrome). Also looks like the other Wolfenstein game released after TNO is on sale on Steam as of today. I guess I know what I'm installing tonight. Hopefully I can put together a new gaming rig this year so I can continue to play years old games on discount

WINNER of the Zamfir Post of the Day Award 8/8/2006

Blog
niomosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 04:53 PM   #4271
Ignitionnet
T3ch wants my pussy

Send a message via Skype™ to Ignitionnet
Been using the Switch here for a little while. It's a cute and cool handheld that happens to be able to connect to a TV. Will get the travel case for it at some point.

Something that is great is being able to fit the whole set up including the dock into a small bag to take over to a friend's house - try doing that with a PS 4.
Old 05-18-2017, 04:55 PM   #4272
Ignitionnet
T3ch wants my pussy

Send a message via Skype™ to Ignitionnet
I have a bunch of games queued up when I get to them right now.

On my beastly laptop I've Doom to finish, Planet Coaster to spend more time on, Lichdom - Battlemage to mess with, then Shadow Warrior 2, Watch Dogs 2, Just Cause 3 and Football Manager 17.

Steam account is smoking.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 05:48 PM   #4273
NotFSI
I have ham at my place

Picked up 'Contradiction' on Steam today. So good!
Quote:
Vanlatte said... View Post
It's honestly impossible to tell if you are really funny or a big dickhead.
Quote:
Thunderbroom said... View Post
Cite this.
Quote:
b-bottom said... View Post
I have no idea what 99 percent of the gobbledygook that you just posted means
Owner of an adorably viable set of genes

The literal mind is baffled by the ironic one, demanding explanations that only intensify the joke

Therein lies the secret strength of empires - they can afford the folly of constructed memories
NotFSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 11:44 PM   #4274
niomosy

Currently downloading Wolfenstein: The Old Blood from Steam. Might as well get in some more FPS goodness.
Old 05-19-2017, 05:05 AM   #4275
bassment zombie
memberer

Quote:
Taustin Powers said... View Post
Went shopping with my son yesterday:

Don't know where he gets it from...

Picked up Dishonored 2 on the way out. "Ghosted" my way through the first mission last night - great game!
In regards to that photo of your little guy reaching for the stars there - GAME OVER.
bassment zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 05:48 AM   #4276
Taustin Powers

Quote:
bassment zombie said... View Post
In regards to that photo of your little guy reaching for the stars there - GAME OVER.
He's a bad influence. He already made me buy a Strat last month!
Taustin Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 08:13 AM   #4277
MrJoshua
Quit ogling my member!

Quote:
I dunno, I dislike the fact that if I own the console, game, and internet connection I have to pay to play online.
No, I completely agree with that. It's one reason I don't play any MMO-type games. Like, I never even tried WoW or any of those games because I can't bring myself to pay subscription fees for a game.

But I bought the Switch to be more of a portable than anything else. Any online play will be strictly a bonus.
MrJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 01:36 PM   #4278
jonjohn
I'm back

I'm too useless to play on line. So that's kind of a bonus for me
jonjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 02:16 PM   #4279
oldivor
take it easy

Quote:
No, I completely agree with that. It's one reason I don't play any MMO-type games. Like, I never even tried WoW or any of those games because I can't bring myself to pay subscription fees for a game.

But I bought the Switch to be more of a portable than anything else. Any online play will be strictly a bonus.
Well, with the Switch, there's a fee to play online so, I doubt you'll get a bonus.
Old 05-20-2017, 06:17 PM   #4280
jonjohn
I'm back

Anyone played sonic all stars racing transformed? Thoughts? I'm thinking of picking it up for the xbox
Old 05-20-2017, 06:41 PM   #4281
Reverend179

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend179
Quote:
jonjohn said... View Post
Anyone played sonic all stars racing transformed? Thoughts? I'm thinking of picking it up for the xbox
One of the better kart racers out there. Recommended.
Reverend179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 07:56 PM   #4282
jonjohn
I'm back

Quote:
Reverend179 said... View Post
One of the better kart racers out there. Recommended.
cool, I might get it then it looks like a fun one to play with my son. Thanks
Old 05-22-2017, 01:33 PM   #4283
niomosy

Playing Wolfenstein: The Old Blood.

The game's been a load of fun thus far but.... G for grenades? What the hell!? I get having easy access to them and all but that was throwing me off for a minute.

Also curious to see what they do for the TNO sequel. Seems like they've got a last boss already set and the voice actors have made some mention of it. There was also a hint or two thrown out indicating something is in the works.
Old 05-22-2017, 06:28 PM   #4284
oldivor
take it easy

G for grenades is a common thing though...
Old 05-22-2017, 08:02 PM   #4285
niomosy

Quote:
G for grenades is a common thing though...
Is it? I honestly can't remember any other game using it. Though the two Wolfenstein games are the first FPS I've played since FEAR 3 so it's been a little bit.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:12 AM   #4286
NotFSI
I have ham at my place

Quote:
NotFSI said... View Post
Picked up 'Contradiction' on Steam today. So good!
Recommended. One of those games that I think would be particularly good fun to play through with a bunch of friends and some beers.
NotFSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 10:30 AM   #4287
rummy

Been shopping on ebay for a GTX970. Just can't seem to find one under $140.
rummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 11:53 AM   #4288
oldivor
take it easy

Quote:
niomosy said... View Post
Is it? I honestly can't remember any other game using it. Though the two Wolfenstein games are the first FPS I've played since FEAR 3 so it's been a little bit.
Killing Flloor, Borderlands... actually a lot of unreal games use G for grenades it seems.
Old 05-23-2017, 12:00 PM   #4289
jonjohn
I'm back

Quote:
NotFSI said... View Post
Recommended. One of those games that I think would be particularly good fun to play through with a bunch of friends and some beers.
I just skimmed over a walk through on you tube and it does look fun.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:25 AM   #4290
oldivor
take it easy