ebassist dot com  ebassist dot com...

Go Back   ebassist dot com > stuff... > the ebassist pub

Old 02-18-2011, 01:20 PM   #31
kaiser_sosea
Rhythm Section

Send a message via MSN to kaiser_sosea Send a message via Skype™ to kaiser_sosea
Quote:
Eve Hell said... View Post
^^^ same Birthday? That's cool. Is she crazy too?
Yes, but aren't you all???

My Band: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stream...04694699564443
http://www.masoncitysoc.com/
http://www.reverbnation.com/socmc
kaiser_sosea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:22 PM   #32
persona non grata

Quote:
T. Alan Smith said... View Post
I'm the same. I don't give a rats ass how much I weight. I only care about how I look in a t-shirt.
I agree with this as well, but putting numbers to it can really help in knowing how effective your plan and execution are. If you are on a weight loss plan, seeing how your weight is actually changing can show pretty quick if it's working or not, and give you more advance notice that you need to change things or alter things to pick up the pace. Not using a scale might just take a little longer to figure that out, and delay reaching your goals. The number on a scale isn't what's important, but documenting the trend is, and a scale is the quickest and best way to do that. Fitness goals are another story though, I'm just refering to a pure weight loss plan here.
persona non grata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:52 PM   #33
Thunderbroom
Vulture of Culture

Quote:
FloydianAnimal said... View Post
I'm already at a good weight I think, I only weigh 169 and I'm fairly tall, so my goals are more just keeping fit and trying to be even more lean. One goal is I'd like to be able to break 50 minutes in a 10K run (just did one this past weekend and made it at 50:46). Another goal would be to develop a six pack but that's gonna be tough!
I want to get in on this thread but am not overweight. I'm 5' 11" and around 160. Most folks would call me skinny. I am far, far from being healthy though. I'm starting to feel the effects of not being healthy and I don't like it. I plan to change my dietary habits and get in some light workouts.
Thunderbroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:57 PM   #34
Sugarskull
Seņora Member

It's a spring training thread, not specifically a weight loss thread. It just happens to be a coincidence that over half of us have weight loss goals.

Quote:
Weigh in or let us know what your weight lossmore energy/exercise plans are and check in every week.

All are welcome.
Sugarskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:59 PM   #35
t3ch
cucklord 9000

I did that. Don't yell at me!

t3ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:00 PM   #36
Sugarskull
Seņora Member

Quote:
t3ch said... View Post
I did that. Don't yell at me!
I wasn't.

NOW I AM!!! GET ON YOUR TREADMILL!!!!
Sugarskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:01 PM   #37
t3ch
cucklord 9000

STOP IT I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!! stressed, grabs bag of doritos, starts chowing down in a closet
Old 02-18-2011, 02:29 PM   #38
allan
arrogant pontificator

Quote:
Mike isn't a big fan of the scale either. He uses the holes in his belt as a reference instead.
So punch another hole in his belt once a month or so
Old 02-18-2011, 02:30 PM   #39
t3ch
cucklord 9000

Quote:
allan said... View Post
So punch another hole in his belt once a month or so
And start filling up the ones on the larger side.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:31 PM   #40
cdb

Send a message via AIM to cdb
Quote:
Thunderbroom said... View Post
I want to get in on this thread but am not overweight. I'm 5' 11" and around 160. Most folks would call me skinny. I am far, far from being healthy though. I'm starting to feel the effects of not being healthy and I don't like it. I plan to change my dietary habits and get in some light workouts.
Erection problems, I bet.
cdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:35 PM   #41
SA Rios
♫♫♪♫

My goal is to finish a complete cycle of P90X this spring. I've started and re-started more times than I can count since last August. I'm currently 225 lbs (6'4") so I don't want to loose or gain too much weight. I'm most comfortable between 220 and 230. I'm like T. Allen, I just want to look good. My 34th birthday is next week, so that would a good start day. I want to complete the 100 pushup program that I was doing last year around the same time I started P90X the first time. I got up to being able to do around 60 then stopped for some reason. I also just acquired a pull up bar that fits in the door frame and I did 6 the other night. My goal is 20 by the end of the P90 cycle.
SA Rios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:36 PM   #42
SDM
Flightless Manicotti

Quote:
It's a spring training thread, not specifically a weight loss thread. It just happens to be a coincidence that over half of us have weight loss goals.
*Stops chewing bacon*

So you are saying I'm fat?

SDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:47 PM   #43
+homas

Quote:
SA Rios said... View Post
...the 100 pushup program...I got up to being able to do around 60 then stopped for some reason. .
Same here...only I know the reason- burnout.
+homas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:51 PM   #44
SA Rios
♫♫♪♫

Quote:
T. Alan Smith said... View Post
Same here...only I know the reason- burnout.
I never remember the reason. I just realize one day that I haven't worked in a few weeks. I guess its just laziness.
SA Rios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:53 PM   #45
+homas

Quote:
SA Rios said... View Post
I never remember the reason. I just realize one day that I haven't worked in a few weeks. I guess its just laziness.
I did the program twice. I think I got up to the mid 70's each time at the end. After the 2nd time, I figured that's as far as my genetics would allow.
+homas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 03:10 PM   #46
BeeTL
eLoweminatus

You guys are making me feel guilty...
BeeTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 03:34 PM   #47
mrs bleepo
feral housewife

i need to be able to wear a bikini by june without scaring people. well, not need, but it would be nice. big ass lake in our area and all, it would be nice to actually get in it once or twice this summer. i need to firm up, tone, and probably go a bit beyond what most women want for muscle. i'd like to weigh what i did when i was a size 4 (or just be a size 4 again)

my plans involve eating before 3pm (i get up for work around 5am, so waiting that long is a terrible idea, yet i do it daily). i need to find something i can snack on in the chip truck that doesn't make it difficult to drive while eating. i will keep reffing roller derby (we end up skating more than the players!) and i will rejoin the gym (the last month was fairly on/off with motivation so i need to kick my own ass again)

i have a fitness competition at the beginning of april, so i have just over a month to get in decent shape. as long as i can keep my knee and bad shoulder in check, this should not be too hard.

i shall also not let the scale rule my life like i tend to let it. i hope. fingers are being crossed now
mrs bleepo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:51 PM   #48
Ace of Bass
The Shores of Hell

How much does everyone weigh?
There's no shortage of places on the internet to get your bass related questions answered for free. Sure, you're going to have to listen to some condescending prick either way, but at least Kindness doesn't ask for money in return.
Ace of Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:31 PM   #49
willsellout
Taking some time off

I'm trying to get over a back injury. I was a fairly muscular 215 before the holidays and then my back started having problems around October and I had to quite working out. My back is feeling alright, but still hurts sometimes, so I'm taking it easy, which sucks. I do best with high intensity cardio and weight training...I'm very limited.
I'm at 240 right now...it's ridiculous how much I can put in in just a few months...but I've always been that way. Quick on quick off.

My diet has really been cleaned up over the past month but my job is fucking me up. I can't get anything started. I'm one week in one week out on the boat. I'm basically watching my calories and hoping for the best. Thus far I haven't lost anything and my clothes are fitting the same. I'm pretty frustrated. I can't wait to transfer to my next job. This job is impossible to get anything started.

I'm hoping to lose 20 pounds by the end of May. I don't think there is any way I will be able to meet that goal, but's something to shoot for.
willsellout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:40 PM   #50
Samson
Likebanging your mom

Quote:
Ace of Bass said... View Post
Just got my physical today...

5'-10"
176.8 lbs (clothed)
Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:02 AM   #51
ezstep

Quote:
Approx. 1.05 trillion pounds. Of course, that is divided by 6 billion people.

I need to get out of the house a good bit more, but with the spring coming, that is a "given." I have gained some weight (not much) because of the extended winter we had.

Goal? I'd say to lose ten pounds by April first.

When I get on the scales, it flashes a number then says "...to be continued."
ezstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:09 AM   #52
Zeromus-X

I don't know if it's a "spring training" type thing, but my goal is to lose 25 pounds by July 3.

Arbitrary number and arbitrary date, but that's 19 weeks to lose 25 pounds. That shouldn't be too difficult.

I've got the Wii balance board and the Wii Fit game that I'm using to track things, and though I have absolutely no "fitness regimen", I figure I have several hours a day where I literally don't do shit except fuck around online. So at the very least, why not take an hour of that time and do something productive.
Zeromus-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:11 AM   #53
bleepo
Pirate Ninja

Quote:
Tens of pounds.
bleepo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:21 AM   #54
mrs bleepo
feral housewife

Quote:
Zeromus-X said... View Post
I've got the Wii balance board and the Wii Fit game that I'm using to track things, and though I have absolutely no "fitness regimen", I figure I have several hours a day where I literally don't do shit except fuck around online. So at the very least, why not take an hour of that time and do something productive.
hmm, you know, i probably should hook mine back up. we have it, but its been living in a box since we moved over a year ago. i should add that to my lineup of ideas. it might keep me motivated so i can make my mii less round
mrs bleepo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 09:08 AM   #55
Super Bass
Punk Rock Warlord

My weighing scales is broken,... but recently I've been going by the belt holes method. :p

I've been cycling much more (6 out 7 days usually) and watching what I eat. Also, reducing the amount I drink on nights out.

Well, today I managed to fit into a pair of jeans I had that I never could. I bought my right size but as everyone knows... sizes are always wayyy off. Anyways, I'm happy that I can wear them now.
Super Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 09:10 AM   #56
Renfield
Wordclock

Quote:
ezstep said... View Post
Approx. 1.05 trillion pounds. Of course, that is divided by 6 billion people.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:01 AM   #57
BottomHeavyKate
I'm with genius ^^^^

Send a message via AIM to BottomHeavyKate Send a message via Yahoo to BottomHeavyKate
Yesterday was shaping up to be rough on the diet, but I apparently don't quite have it figured out what I can and can not eat. At the end of the evening I had enough room for a 1.5 oz gin and diet tonic. I made it in a super fancy glass with limes - it was visually appealing and very satisfying. Still had points left but wasn't hungry at the end of the day.

I am going to get into shape. this IS going to happen.

Innocent post from Kate.
Cocks come cock it all up.
Kate starts cursing.
Kate realizes that cocks are cocking her out of love.
Kate rides the wave.
Group hug.
t3ch says something racist.
www.cmkfinancialservices.com

BottomHeavyKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:01 AM   #58
t3ch
cucklord 9000

Did any of you fatasses lose any weight yet?
Old 02-19-2011, 01:38 PM   #59
BottomHeavyKate
I'm with genius ^^^^

Send a message via AIM to BottomHeavyKate Send a message via Yahoo to BottomHeavyKate
Quote:
t3ch said... View Post
Did any of you fatasses lose any weight yet?
I won't know until Thursday
BottomHeavyKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 02:08 PM   #60
ivanthetrble
RIP Ivan 6-15-12

My spring training isn't related to weight loss per say. I had a meniscus tear in my right knee and had to have surgery on 2-11-11. Rehab has already started. Hope to be able to ride Reach the Beach, a 55 mile bike ride in early April and to do a sprint triathalon in June. I could stand to drop a few during the process. I am 6' 2" and 205. To get to a BMI of <25 I need to be about 195.
ivanthetrble is offline   Reply With Quote